Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#58811 - 12/22/00 05:57 AM Re: Going away party in L.A.
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Ducados are great! I brought some for a visually impaired friend who works at Temple University (N. Broad St. in Philly). He loves them! There's another benefit: Street people would hit on him for a cigarette when he was standing outside, on the steps of the building, smoking. Give them a Ducado and they don't come back. Guaranteed!
BTW
MM98, I will be right behind you if one of my decimos 'hits' today: probably the third week of January. Unfortunately, I don't usually get to El Escorial,but I guess I could make an exception. Buen Viaje!

[This message has been edited by Eddie (edited 12-22-2000).]

#58812 - 12/22/00 11:27 AM Re: Going away party in L.A.
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
cool eddie, i'll see you there. even if you don't make it to El Escorial, i'll go to Madrid, i'll be there often for my flamenco classes. See you there!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. Ducados are like mini cigars, can't be around them, they are so thick and strong eegghhh!!!!
------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98

[This message has been edited by missmadrid98 (edited 12-22-2000).]

#58813 - 12/22/00 01:05 PM Re: Going away party in L.A.
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
My ladyfriend only smokes Ducados. I really hate them, but then I hate all cigarette smoke -- something I've had to learn to live with.

Have a great going away party, missmadrid98!!!! I miss you already!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58814 - 12/22/00 10:17 PM Re: Going away party in L.A.
breibach Offline

Loc: Richmond, Virginia, USA
My first time in Spain was when I was 17 years old and a smoker. I could only afford Ducados. I have fond memories of that trip and not so fond memories of Ducados. By the way, when I was 17 a pack of Ducados cost un duro.

#58815 - 01/02/01 05:56 PM Re: Going away party in L.A.
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Wow...I haven't been on for a few days and now we're all talking Ducados! I've never smoked a Ducado first-hand, but as you can tell from reading this forum, you don't need to inhale (Mr. Clinton) with your own lips to get all of the enjoyment from a Ducado.

When I last "priced" cigs in 1990, I noticed that they hadn't gone up too far from the "duro" pricing on Breibach's days of yore...they were a paltry 50 ptas./pack. I suppose they figured you'd need the extra cash as a down-payment on your iron lung or emphysema tank. I think of all of the Celta/Ducado smoke I've inhaled second-hand, and I can now safely say that I've excised about a year off of my life span. Gracias Ducados!
¡Que te fo*** un pez!

#58816 - 01/02/01 07:03 PM Re: Going away party in L.A.
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
if I remember correctly, Ducados do not affect your lungs the way other cigarettes do. they hit your throat, and that is why you see so many old men in Spain that have had throat cancer. I saw lots of old men with those things sticking out of their throats/voice boxes.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments