Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#58759 - 12/12/00 02:56 AM "...and God BlessSanta, and Spain, and all the poor people, and ..........."
MunchiMike Offline

Loc: San Francisco, California, U.S...
Seasons Greetings Everyone! I've visited Spain almost all day today through each of your postings and I firstly want to tell you ALL that you're a BEAUTIFUL bunch of folks!! You have captured some of what I consider and remember to be ; the true spirit of Spain!!!.I'm talking about the GOODNESS, the goldenheartefness of an entire culture of people who just LOVE!! They openly accept us with our 'ugly american' energy and praise us for trying on theirs, with dignified humility and respect. As a child in Spain beginning '58, I absorbed the fullness of their essence without prejudice, and I must say, from being back in the U.S. for 25 years now, ..if I don't get back quick this place is going to kill me.It's not so much that I want to run from the badness, but to the goodness. (an old trick I learned from Marc Antony,..it's not that I love Ceasar any less, but that I love Rome More!!)The sheer antiquity of the regions dating back to the Greek Helios in 500 b.c. where Barcelona now stands, and the proximity of the Lascaux caves just a short trip over the Pyrennees, lend the sense of 'returning to the nest' to our ministrations over flocking together by hook or by crook in the armchair of civilization.I have wandered the earth and sampled the air and I declare that Spain is the Earthly Mother whom we want to hold us during these and upcoming horrors that our 'fellow amerikanz' are going to wrack upon our hearts and spirits in years to come. Whew! Okay okay, I get a little dramatic, but I am a minister and a carpenter, and a sailor, and a healer and , well Christmas is coming and I miss Sevilla and and and and.........let's not forget the REAL reason we Love Spain and praise this golden hearted nation for the tendrals of descent humanity that it has held so tenderly,and that it has caressed softly as it has our hearts, and nurtured, as it does our hearts, that we may go on , till next time..............luv, Rev. Mike

#58760 - 12/12/00 05:57 AM Re: "...and God BlessSanta, and Spain, and all the poor people, and ..........."
nevado Offline

Amen...Welcome MunchiMike! And, may I add, you've been quite busy in your two days as a "Member"- 54 posts! I think that may be a record. What do you think MM?

#58761 - 12/12/00 06:28 AM Re: "...and God BlessSanta, and Spain, and all the poor people, and ..........."
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Wow! And I thought your self confessed polypsychotheosophicahistoanthropological tendencies were overstated! Very nicely put! I first set foot on the Iberian Peninsula on the 'Virgin d'Afrique,' a ferry from Tangier to Algeciras ('59), but I was not a child. I share your enthusiasm for Spain.
P.S.
Was I wrong to insert an 'h' (theosophica)?

#58762 - 12/13/00 03:21 PM Re: "...and God BlessSanta, and Spain, and all the poor people, and ..........."
MunchiMike Offline

Hi Eddy, you said you came via the southern route?....in'59..have you been back since? the south I mean,cuz I've heard some horror stories about the boom in the 60's and fear for my favourite little Fuenjirola. and WHAT praytell were you doing in Morrocco in those days? don't I recall some Algerian trouble back then?..never mind. Eddy thanks for your input, I've read your praises from other members and I look forward to 'hearing' more from you in the future.....Rev. Mike

#58763 - 12/13/00 03:24 PM Re: "...and God BlessSanta, and Spain, and all the poor people, and ..........."
MunchiMike Offline

oh yea, um, theosophical is right, and allow me to take this opportunity to remind everyone that theosophy is the 'art' of religion, whereas theology is the 'science'.......Peace Out......Rev.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments