Topic Options
#58486 - 12/13/00 03:12 PM Re: Morning Board
esq Offline

Loc: miami,fl
Gee! Sorry I asked!

#58487 - 12/13/00 05:35 PM Re: Morning Board
MunchiMike Offline

Loc: San Francisco, California, U.S...
Thanks Nicole. It pretty much goes without saying that most of us here should start going to 'Spainaholics Anonymous"....Hello everyone, my name is Mike and I'm a Spainaholic.........I can see it now, and esq. Be careful what you ask for cuz you're probably going to get it,...anyway, how can anyone finish a thought in ten words or less??......Rev. Mike

#58488 - 01/08/01 01:29 PM Re: Morning Board
Sol Offline

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to this board, but I was reading the post and had to go get Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain, track 5. Am listening to it now. I do see what you mean. This whole posting thingie is new to me. Hope I can do it without too many errors. Wife and I will be leaving for Spain in about six weeks. I'll start another thread on that subject later

#58489 - 01/17/01 09:29 PM Re: Morning Board
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Aaahh.. My home away from home. I too love this board and my growing "extended/virtual family". BUT, if I have to suggest one more time to use the friggin' SEARCH feature to answer commonly asked questions I'm going to pull my friggin' hair out!! ARGH!! What do you suggest I do to make this clear? On the Welcome Page I give instructions/suggestions, but I'm sure people breeze right through that and immediately click on ENTER without noticing.

[posted "the day after"] Whew... deeeeep breath. Please forgive my anxiety last night. I feel much better today.

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 01-18-2001).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58490 - 01/18/01 08:08 AM Re: Morning Board
Xena Offline

Loc: Bucharest
It's true I link to the board at work. I am a programmer, so I am allways working on the computer. And in the last few days I am trying to quit smoking so every time I need a cigarette I go to this board and read it. I think I am replacing one dependency with another. Unfortunately I have been in Madrid for only ten days and I don't have even half of the information than most of you have. But I am doing my best and I like most of the topics and of the people here. And I surely love Spain.

#58491 - 01/19/01 08:49 AM Re: Morning Board
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I just HAD to respond...after reading what you all have been saying. I found this website about 3 weeks ago and I am SO hooked! I am just like Diana, constantly checking and savoring every comment about Madrid and Spain in general! Although I haven't been able to get back to Madrid in 6 years (BOO! HOO!)because of my small children, I am obsessed with Spain. I am so lucky to be a Spanish teacher here in NYC and to be able to teach about Spain every day! My own children think I am crazy...they roll their eyes whenever my husband(also Spain-obsessed!) and I talk about Spain with that "Far-away" look in our eyes. I am THRILLED to see that there are so many of us who LOVE Spain as much as we do!
Luckily, this summer we are finally returning to Spain to vacation! I will be spending most of the time in Galicia visiting family and friends, but we hope to spend some time in and around Madrid!! I am praying that my 2 girls( ages 11 and 6) will be "turned on" to Spain too!
Anyway, I am so grateful for this message board...I love it! Thank you all!

#58492 - 01/19/01 09:44 AM Re: Morning Board
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
MadridMan, do you know if there are any good restaurants in Madrid or hostals in the centre?

DON'T REACH FOR THE PILLS!! I'm only joking! I'll do a search........

#58493 - 01/19/01 11:00 AM Re: Morning Board
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Xena- Unlike nicotine, this board is a healthy addiction! Good luck in getting off the smokes!

#58494 - 01/19/01 01:33 PM Re: Morning Board
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Anchovy Front, HAHAHAHAHAAA!!! You made me laugh out loud. Now go help SOL in looking for British Expat groups/organizations on the Costa del Sol.. Or, Do A Search. hehehehe... Haha.. (I'm much more relaxed today... It's Friday!!)

I too am addicted to this board! As I said WAAAAY above, you people are like family to me. (sad, isn't it? hehehe...)

Happy Friday/Weekend! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58495 - 01/19/01 01:46 PM Re: Morning Board
Sol Offline

Not sad at all!

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments