Topic Options
#58486 - 12/13/00 03:12 PM Re: Morning Board
esq Offline

Loc: miami,fl
Gee! Sorry I asked!

#58487 - 12/13/00 05:35 PM Re: Morning Board
MunchiMike Offline

Loc: San Francisco, California, U.S...
Thanks Nicole. It pretty much goes without saying that most of us here should start going to 'Spainaholics Anonymous"....Hello everyone, my name is Mike and I'm a Spainaholic.........I can see it now, and esq. Be careful what you ask for cuz you're probably going to get it,...anyway, how can anyone finish a thought in ten words or less??......Rev. Mike

#58488 - 01/08/01 01:29 PM Re: Morning Board
Sol Offline

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to this board, but I was reading the post and had to go get Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain, track 5. Am listening to it now. I do see what you mean. This whole posting thingie is new to me. Hope I can do it without too many errors. Wife and I will be leaving for Spain in about six weeks. I'll start another thread on that subject later

#58489 - 01/17/01 09:29 PM Re: Morning Board
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Aaahh.. My home away from home. I too love this board and my growing "extended/virtual family". BUT, if I have to suggest one more time to use the friggin' SEARCH feature to answer commonly asked questions I'm going to pull my friggin' hair out!! ARGH!! What do you suggest I do to make this clear? On the Welcome Page I give instructions/suggestions, but I'm sure people breeze right through that and immediately click on ENTER without noticing.

[posted "the day after"] Whew... deeeeep breath. Please forgive my anxiety last night. I feel much better today.

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 01-18-2001).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58490 - 01/18/01 08:08 AM Re: Morning Board
Xena Offline

Loc: Bucharest
It's true I link to the board at work. I am a programmer, so I am allways working on the computer. And in the last few days I am trying to quit smoking so every time I need a cigarette I go to this board and read it. I think I am replacing one dependency with another. Unfortunately I have been in Madrid for only ten days and I don't have even half of the information than most of you have. But I am doing my best and I like most of the topics and of the people here. And I surely love Spain.

#58491 - 01/19/01 08:49 AM Re: Morning Board
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I just HAD to respond...after reading what you all have been saying. I found this website about 3 weeks ago and I am SO hooked! I am just like Diana, constantly checking and savoring every comment about Madrid and Spain in general! Although I haven't been able to get back to Madrid in 6 years (BOO! HOO!)because of my small children, I am obsessed with Spain. I am so lucky to be a Spanish teacher here in NYC and to be able to teach about Spain every day! My own children think I am crazy...they roll their eyes whenever my husband(also Spain-obsessed!) and I talk about Spain with that "Far-away" look in our eyes. I am THRILLED to see that there are so many of us who LOVE Spain as much as we do!
Luckily, this summer we are finally returning to Spain to vacation! I will be spending most of the time in Galicia visiting family and friends, but we hope to spend some time in and around Madrid!! I am praying that my 2 girls( ages 11 and 6) will be "turned on" to Spain too!
Anyway, I am so grateful for this message board...I love it! Thank you all!

#58492 - 01/19/01 09:44 AM Re: Morning Board
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
MadridMan, do you know if there are any good restaurants in Madrid or hostals in the centre?

DON'T REACH FOR THE PILLS!! I'm only joking! I'll do a search........

#58493 - 01/19/01 11:00 AM Re: Morning Board
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Xena- Unlike nicotine, this board is a healthy addiction! Good luck in getting off the smokes!

#58494 - 01/19/01 01:33 PM Re: Morning Board
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Anchovy Front, HAHAHAHAHAAA!!! You made me laugh out loud. Now go help SOL in looking for British Expat groups/organizations on the Costa del Sol.. Or, Do A Search. hehehehe... Haha.. (I'm much more relaxed today... It's Friday!!)

I too am addicted to this board! As I said WAAAAY above, you people are like family to me. (sad, isn't it? hehehe...)

Happy Friday/Weekend! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58495 - 01/19/01 01:46 PM Re: Morning Board
Sol Offline

Not sad at all!

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments