Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#58364 - 11/18/00 07:04 PM Other message boards
gt4715b Offline

I just found this message board a while ago and I'm totally impressed. Some of info i've received here will definitely make my upcoming trip to Spain much better. i was wondering if anyone knew of any other boards like this for other locations, like France, Germany, etc?

#58365 - 11/18/00 08:25 PM Re: Other message boards
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
I haven't found any, although I have been actively searching. What I have seen are boards that have one or two posts after a question, but few active dialogues. Often,I think you can email authors of web travelogues - and there are a few really good ones - saraphina mosey, jet city jimbo to name a couple. It just isn't as much fun, and you do not get as many perspectives.

I'll let you know if I find anything, and please let me know if you do.

[This message has been edited by Nicole (edited 11-18-2000).]

#58366 - 11/18/00 10:20 PM Re: Other message boards
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi gt4715b! Welcome to the group! I'm not aware of other country specific message boards, but they may well exist in their own languages.

However, if you only speak English, a really good general Europe message board, using the same Ultimate Bulletin Board software as here, is Eurotrip.com bulletin board. As Nicole said, few message boards (including the Eurotrip.com board) have more than one or two replies and I'm convinced that the regular members of others aren't as knowledgeable as those you'll find here with regards to Spain.

Have a wonderful time in Spain and Europe!!! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58367 - 11/19/00 05:11 AM Re: Other message boards
nevado Offline

For the non-backpacking crowd you can try www.fodors.com/forums/

#58368 - 11/19/00 10:17 AM Re: Other message boards
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Great links, nevado! I like it a lot!

I just replied to a posting on their board. Someone posted a message on November 13th and was asking if anyone knew of any good hostels/hotels in Madrid. Can you believe (?), two people had already replied to her message suggesting MadridMan.com AND MadridMan.com/madridhostels.html !! What a surprise (proudly!).

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#58369 - 11/19/00 05:37 PM Re: Other message boards
gt4715b Offline

There are also country specific message boards at www.frommers.com/cgi-bin/WebX . But none of the boards match the level of detail and expertise on these boards.

[Sorry. The "." was included in the URL, so I fixed it to make it clickable]

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 11-19-2000).]

#58370 - 11/27/00 01:50 PM Re: Other message boards
Jaime Offline

Hasn't anyone here been to the lonely planet thorn tree? There are boards with hundreds of postings on every region in the world!
Just go to www.lonelyplanet.com and then go to the heading where it says Thorn Tree. From there you can pick any country you want in the world. Have fun.

#58371 - 11/27/00 02:29 PM Re: Other message boards
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

GOOD CALL, JAIME!!!! I'd say that next to EuroTrip.com, Australian based The Lonely Planet's thorn tree message board is GREAT and VERY active. I haven't been there in awhile and should get back. Thanks for the tip/reminder!!

Saludos, MadridMan

#58372 - 11/27/00 02:39 PM Re: Other message boards
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
What a great link! Thanks!

Did you read the stuff on Ghana. I am DYING to go there. Why can't Lonely Planet be based out of L.A? If it were, I would grovel repeatedly until offered a job..

#58373 - 11/27/00 06:37 PM Re: Other message boards
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
I used to be a regular to Lonely Planet's forums. I agree that they are very active and they have lots of information but lately, they were also full of racist and xenophobous comments.

I complaint to the board administrator but he didn't seem to care about it or, at least, he didn't delete those postings.

That's the reason why I left that board.

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments