Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5794 - 06/11/03 12:02 PM Madrid: Pensión Chueca -Great Place
Nerja Spain Offline

Loc: Nerja, Spain
Hey,

Just wanted to share my view about Pensión Chueca . I stayed there this past weekend and it was great! Excellent location, great room and service. The only thing is that the building interior, as you go to the floor were the Pension is, is a little run down. However, once you enter the Pension, it is so clean, and new and fresh. The host Beni is great and her assistant Alex very helpful! I recommended 100%. You get the keys to the building and the Pension, so there is no need to worry about coming in late or ringing a bell. I will definately stay there next time I go to Madrid. Price was low as well, about 40 euro a night for a double! Check them out!

#5795 - 06/11/03 02:25 PM Re: Madrid: Pensión Chueca -Great Place
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
I second your opinion on Beni. For those who've read the Tales Of The City books by Armistead Maupin, she's Madrid's answer to Mrs Madrigal

#5796 - 06/11/03 03:10 PM Re: Madrid: Pensión Chueca -Great Place
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
Do you have a website for Pension Chueca? The hotel I am staying in for the first 2 nights is 70 Euros for a double, and I would like to check into something cheaper for the tail end of my trip. I tried to do a search, but came up with things about the Chueca area, not the pension in particular.

#5797 - 06/11/03 03:31 PM Re: Madrid: Pensión Chueca -Great Place
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain

#5798 - 06/11/03 03:48 PM Re: Madrid: Pensión Chueca -Great Place
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
sparkalina, Chueca Pensión is relatively new to the internet so you won't find anything about it yet. Nerja Spain's review is the first, I think..

Nerja Spain, Beni is a female???! I've corresponded with HER and was certain SHE was a HE. Well, I suppose "BENI" is short for something in Spanish?? Her English is excellent, by the way.

Nerja Spain, thanks for your review. We're glad to have it.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5799 - 07/06/03 04:10 AM Re: Madrid: Pensión Chueca -Great Place
mariluna Offline

Loc: Texas
Hi! Some people have warned me about staying in hostels especially when the buildings are shared with other establishments. They have said that if there is no lobby like there would be in a hotel someone may hide inside in order to rob people entering. I suppose if you get a key to the building that must mean it is locked and I wouldn´t have to worry about something like that. I was going to stay in a hoste on calle de la cruz between the zones of Huertas and Sol but I have heard that Chueca may be a better area to stay in. I was especially considering staying in Chueca Pensión because I want to see a play and a concert in the area, both at night and was worried about traveling back to the Huertas, Sol area so late.
Nerja Spain, do you feel that this hostel and area are very safe?

#5800 - 07/09/03 02:47 PM Re: Madrid: Pensión Chueca -Great Place
Meadow Offline

Loc: CA, USA
Nerja Spain-

Thank you for posting about your experience. I have a reservation in August & was happy to read another great review about Chueca Pension. Beni has been extremely helpful and responsive to my questions and made my reservation very easy. I would recommend the service sofar. I will post again after my stay.

-Meadow

#5801 - 03/24/04 11:44 AM Re: Madrid: Pensión Chueca -Great Place
kurtcito Offline

Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Stayed there over Christmas Holidays. Beni and Alex are great, the Pension is clean, and well kept! Will stay again next time I am in Madrid!! Very safe area and perfect location!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1808 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments