Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#57596 - 08/26/00 08:42 AM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
It just came to me (in a dream!). How 'bout
"Miembro de Oro" &
"Miembro de Plata" ??

Although many visitors to the message board don't speak Spanish so this would be lost.

What a shame. I REALLY liked the "Spanophile" designation for the "Member". If only we could find something appropriate for the "Junior Member". One-word names would be best, don't you think?

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57597 - 08/26/00 10:46 AM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
nah, the Miembro de Oro etc is too long and will get lost on the non-spanophiles! I like Member and Senior Member (we all get promoted!) or Visitor and Resident.

#57598 - 08/26/00 11:17 AM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I agree, the above are too long. How about:
Spanophile & Visitor then? I'd prefer to have the "Junior Member" be renamed something Spain-related if possible though.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57599 - 08/26/00 11:54 AM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

I'm not liking the neologism of Spanophile anyway. Iberophile, and I am sure you don't like that. (or Hispanophile, which you would like less). running out of ideas...

#57600 - 08/26/00 03:01 PM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
I like Spanophile 'thou do know that Iberophile is more correct - As for Hispanophile....MM is right - the designation Member/Junior Member and resident/guest just don't get the feeling across. We all share a tremendous love for Spain ... someone come up with something for the junior" desingnation

#57601 - 08/27/00 03:33 AM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
I must add that I was a bit put off by the redesignations. I'm not sure why. It's your website, afterall, MM. I know I love Spain and I don't necessarily need the title of Spanophile to confirm my beliefs on that one. Anyway, just kidding! Whatever you want to do, MM. Hmmm, how about..algo como..consejeros o delegados o embajadores o for thos non Spanish speakers we could just use terms like Ambassadors and something, I don't know. Something international goodwill-like, you know? Anyone? Anyone? Ferris?

#57602 - 08/27/00 10:00 AM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Let's just go with MEMBER and SENIOR MEMBER!! than no one is a whopper junior and we all belong. I object to Spanophile on linguistic grounds, as you know. Maybe we should just have starts. One star for newbies, 2 stars after 10 posts, three stars etc until you get to be a real estrella!

#57603 - 08/27/00 12:17 PM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

So we can't come up with anything Spain-related??? Come on! (man, I really liked "Spanophile")

How about RESIDENT MEMBER & TOURING MEMBER ??
(I know. I know. They're NOT Spain-related, darnit, AND 2-words long)

#57604 - 08/27/00 02:06 PM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

There should be three categories. Wanna be (in Spain). Has been (in Spain). Hung out (at Brillante bar). Only the hung outs are serious members!! jajaja, es una broma. Dejalo como esta, MM, y no te preocupes.

#57605 - 08/27/00 04:35 PM Re: What to RE-name the "Member" designations?
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
I'm w/ rgf

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments