Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#57534 - 10/21/08 12:43 PM Dentists in Spain
Estopa1 Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum section to post this but I wanted to start a topic about dentists in Spain.

I had a bad experience yesterday when I went to one of this dental clinics VITALDENT to fix a filling that had fallen down after 13 years in my mouth! I say bad experience because I didn't like the way the personnel worked and the final result to replace the filling was not as expected.

I had done my previous fillings in the USA and some of them still last today 13 years later. But finally I lost one and had to replace it. So I went to the mentioned clinic last week to have an appoinmet for yesterday. It was a filling/reconstruction and the the dentist, a young woman that was not even 30, finished in 20 minutes!! Moreover she was working alone without the help of any higienist or anything. The final job was a very brute filling, bad done to the point that it touched the adjacent teeth so I can not insert the dental floss in between!!! mad Not to mention the bad yellow colored material used for the filling and the fact that when I arrived home I brushed my teeth and tried used the dental floss, I lost like 2 small little parts the size of sand grains that I didn't know if it was part of my teeth or the filling.

I'm very mad because it is all done and I have the feeling that the filling wont last too much. I payed 48 Euros. One thing I can tell you is that I will not come back to that clinic ever. THe worst experience I have in my life. I just hope I dont get an infection or something because you should see the way the dentist was working.

The "funny" thing is that the clinic director wanted me to do a full treatment for 500 Euros!! Now I am happy I didn't do it.

How I wish my US dentist could be close to me now!! frown frown

Anyway.

Can anyone recommend a good Dentist here in Madrid? I have the feeling that I am going to have to go again pretty soon.

Thanks for your time, and if someone can help....

#57535 - 11/14/08 01:41 AM Re: Dentists in Spain
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Ian Daniels

http://www.clinicadentalcisne.com/clinicawebF.swf

Warning, he's not cheap, but he's very very good

#57536 - 11/14/08 04:42 AM Re: Dentists in Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Estopa1, check out the long thread from a couple years ago called " How are the dentists in Spain? ".

Yours is the second complaint I've read about Vitaldent in the last few years. As I recall, it may have also been about a fallen filling and the Vitaldent in question did not have "Hojas de Reclamación". But in Vitaldent's semi-defense, I haven't found the presumably countless positive reviews of them either. Regardless, Vitaldent is a corporation and so their goal is to make as much money as possible.

You'll find my experience with " Sanitas " in the thread mentioned above. Since then, I've returned to a DIFFERENT Sanitas office and had the same experience: they made a visual inspection of my mouth, said I did NOT need a cleaning (but I insisted since it had been one year - and then I paid for it), and said I had one cavity.

Sanitas is a private company too but they're a private INSURANCE company so, I don't believe, their goal is not to convince the client into useless procedures.

And by the way, I don't have Sanitas insurance! But you can still use their services. You just pay more per procedure since you're not paying the monthly membership fees. I think I paid about 100 Euros total for visit last summer which included the cleaning and filling. The dentists, the two different ones I had, were mature (in their late 40s or 50s), Spanish, and seemed very professional. And while I'm not sure, I'm pretty sure I would've paid more (in cash, without insurance) for the same treatment at a dentist in the USA.

Best of luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57537 - 11/17/08 06:01 PM Re: Dentists in Spain
Estopa1 Offline

Thanks you very much to both of you.

MM, Actually I did read that thread a long time ago. I even posted a reply! but I just forgot about it, so I started this new one. Thanks for pointing that out.

Next time I have to go to the dentist I will probably go to SANITAS or ASISA. My sister had a few cavities and went to ASISA, and they did a very good job in her mouth. If I had just asked her first!!! confused

I will never ever go to a dental corporation like Vitaldent again. It seems to me that they hire very young and unexperienced (recently graduated from the University) dentists (even under 30) that get a very low salary and use their time in those clinics just to gain experience until they can open their own business in the future.

Thanks again.

#57538 - 11/18/08 02:26 AM Re: Dentists in Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I tend to agree with you regarding those streetside dental "clinics" (term here used very loosely) - even though I've never been inside one. Just walking by and seeing all their advertising makes me guess they're more interested in making money. But they are cheap, as I understand it, and may be the only option for some people.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1715 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments