MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#57428 - 07/02/08 06:37 AM San Fermin 2008
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Five days stay for SAN FERMIN: It sit it for my liver.Ah!!!!!!!!!And care with the bulls, that it is necessary to return

#57429 - 07/02/08 06:44 AM Re: San Fermin 2008
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hehehehe... I too am looking forward to San Fermin. Wow, I love watching The Running of the Bulls. What I DON'T like is waking up at 7:30 every morning to watch the pre-run coverage for the 8am running - but I do.

And not surprisingly, the Fería de San Fermin bullfights are not being televised except on Pay-per-View. I'll pass.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57430 - 07/02/08 03:35 PM Re: San Fermin 2008
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I love being in Spain during the Sanfermines! I know it is difficult to wake up early to watch, but it is also very exciting...and the commercials are also so good. Los asparagus de Navarra...los toros...I love it! I will be in Argentina, but I will be thinking of Spain...as always! ¡Viva San Fermín! San Fermín website

#57431 - 07/02/08 03:54 PM Re: San Fermin 2008
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
San Fermin, the great party, you put the limits your

#57432 - 07/02/08 06:40 PM Re: San Fermin 2008
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Esperanza writes:
Quote:
I love being in Spain during the Sanfermines! I know it is difficult to wake up early to watch, but it is also very exciting...and the commercials are also so good. Los asparagus de Navarra...los toros...I love it! I will be in Argentina, but I will be thinking of Spain...as always!
Here in the USA (even the Bronx) the National/International News always shows a clip of the Encierro and gives a count of the drunken runners who got gored those first days of the San Fermines. In this day of Satellite TV it seems like you should be able to see some of those reports on Spanish language TV in Buenos Aires, Argentina or from Montevideo, or Punta del Este, Uruguay cool

#57433 - 07/05/08 01:07 PM Re: San Fermin 2008
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Tomorrow/Sunday at 11am starts the Opening Ceremonies, "El Chupinazo", for San Fermin from the balcony of the Casa Consistorial. You've probably all seen the huge gathering in the main square to announce the beginning of the festival.

The bull runs begin Monday, July 7th and the last bull run will be Monday, July 14th.

This year, Channel 4 - CUATRO - is covering tomorrow's 11am "El Chupinazo" and all the runs with coverage beginning at 7:15am for the 8am event. Watch LIVE and online at http://www.cuatro.com/microsites/sanfermin2008/ - or at http://www.MadridMan.com/pamplona/pamplona.html

Saludos, MadridMan

P.S. I see an entire week of sleep-less, errr.. less-sleep nights in my immediate future. Zzzzz.... rolleyes
Days, Times, and Events at: http://www.fiestasdesanfermin.com/sf2008/programa/index.asp?sId=9

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57434 - 07/06/08 04:20 AM Re: San Fermin 2008
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

GREAT NEWS!! TVE is ALSO covering today's "Chupinazo" (11am) and Monday-to-Monday's Running of the Bulls (8am) in Pamplona!

Right now I'm watching TVE's coverage of the Plaza del Ayuntamiento in preparation for the Chupinazo. thumbsup

And while the bulls don't run by it, check out Pamplona's Plaza del Castillo live webcam at http://www.concisegroup.com/webcam.htm .

Saludos, MadridMan

#57435 - 07/06/08 04:33 AM Re: San Fermin 2008
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I'm watching through bloodshot eyes ( Gay pride ) ..Man it's soooo HOT again !

#57436 - 07/06/08 05:01 AM Re: San Fermin 2008
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
It's crazy , no ! The guys are already drunk .. And infront of those huge bulls ... Man ....

#57437 - 07/06/08 05:16 AM Re: San Fermin 2008
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

The runnings begin tomorrow so there won't be any drunkards in front of raging bulls this morning.

Wow! What a party there is in the Plaza del Ayuntamiento awaiting the (late-coming) Chupinazo! I don't think I'd like to be in the middle of that sea of people. All those people are covered in red wine, sweat, and whatever else. I can only imagine the work the hotel cleaning people will have before them each day with those nasty, stained white towels.

I wonder what's delaying the Chupinazo! I thought it was to start at 11am but maybe that was the time of the official television coverage by the CUATRO. UPDATE: They just said the Chupinazo would take place at noon. rolleyes

They're already broadcasting live online via the above link. laugh But I have to wonder why CUATRO chose to use a 14:9 Screen Format ratio for their (Windows Media) player when they're only broadcasting in a 4:3 Screen Format ratio so all the people and bulls look stretched, short-and-fat. I hate it when they do that!! A pet peeve of mine. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1899 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments