Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#57423 - 06/29/08 05:18 PM Congrats to Madrid !!!!!
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
on winning the football championship.....The streets looks crazy!!!!! How fun !!!! :jump: clap

#57424 - 06/29/08 06:59 PM Re: Congrats to Madrid !!!!!
Silver Traveler Offline

Loc: LaGrange (Near Atlanta) Georgi...
Watched the game here in the states (Georgia). Have heard from friends in Scotland, England, and Spain ~~ Literally "the game watched around the world, and the celebration heard around the world.!!!

Congrats!!!

#57425 - 06/30/08 05:18 AM Re: Congrats to Madrid !!!!!
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
¡Not Madrid: ESPAÑA! It was the Copa d'Europa and it was the Spanish National Team (i.e., the Team that will Represent Spain in Beijing in August). We watched the Game on ABC Sports here in Philadelphia.

Wife was ecstatic watching el Rey award Medals to Team Menbers.

The Germans looked stunned!

#57426 - 06/30/08 06:03 AM Re: Congrats to Madrid !!!!!
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
It was a fantastic game, great football, they played great football the whole tournament, and so deserved to win! I personally am delighted that the winnig goal was down to Torres! His moral for Liverpool next season will be good now!

#57427 - 06/30/08 07:10 AM Re: Congrats to Madrid !!!!!
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
It has to have been the most tense 90 minutes of my life here in Madrid ! I had many invites , as usual , to watch this match .. Actually the big and very smart concert venue , Palacio de Deportes , only a 10 minute walk , flung open it's doors , installed a HUGE screen and let everybody in on a first come-first served basis ... I have to be alone for games like this .. It would have broken my heart if Spain lost .. but they DIDN'T !!
I walked down to the Plaza de Colon .... You cannot imagine the volume of people .. The policia Nacional and Municipal shut off whole sections of Goya , Serrano etc .. .
When Spain scored the goal .. Fireworks were going off next to me .. A bit dangerous I guess .. But I loved it .. Better that than some countries where you can't lift a finger without someone telling you it's wrong , or threatening a lawsuit .
This , in Plaza de Colon was raw and unashamed patriotism , and love for football .
I took 180 photos !!! Many not great but a lot were good ...
Spain were always the most entertaining side in this competition ( Holland too ) and , with no disrespect to the German team , they lifted your soul to watch them .
I'm rambling , but congratulations Espana .. I cheered and cried for you at the final whistle .
Steve

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1929 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments