Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#57390 - 07/05/08 12:17 PM Re: The weather !
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I agree with the fantastic thunderstorms in NM! Your can see the lightning as if the sky opened up and threw down it's fury!
There is also nothing like the NM sky!

I too have a low threshold for heat and can only say that the ONLY thing I do not look forward to when we arrive in Madrid next week, is the HOT weather, seriously, I am a major you know what when it comes to the heat! Thank goodness mis suegros installed air conditioning (in the guest room where I stay and living room) 2 years ago. They say they did it for their beloved nieta Lucia, but I know they secretly enjoy it themselves.
Why is it the Spaniards (at least mi familia espanola) don't all run out and install air in their homes! I think they are just hot blooded! je, je, je.
My hubby loves the heat and it never bugs him...go figure.

ONLY 10 MORE DAYS! We need to plan a date for our MM lunch! :jump: :jump:

#57391 - 07/05/08 12:59 PM Re: The weather !
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

laduque, I just started a new topic in the Classifieds and Personals forum, so hopefully we can plan a get-together in a few weeks! xfingers Go here to share your input.

#57392 - 07/27/08 02:41 PM Re: The weather !
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Just came back from an 8-day mini-vacation in a tiny mountain-valley village in Cantábria where it was so wonderfully cool every day. (22 inhabitants in the village, no bar, no restaurant, no gas station, no commercial businesses whatsoever except for one Posada/hotel of which I took a tour. I also toured one of the family homes in the village, one with a wooden/glass "galeria" on the upstairs level overlooking their garden.

It rained twice, cloudy another couple days, and maybe another 2-4 days semi-cloudy/semi-sunny. The temperature was a perfect who-knows-what at night and I needed a blanket!! eek

During the day, shorts and shirt were perfect but others wore jeans and occasionally mumbled, "Ay, qué frio!" to which I'd reply, "Humph!" laugh

I was in heaven. cloud9 Temps were between 18 and 24 degrees everyday. It was a little warmer the one day I went to the beach in SOMO (near Santander City) but the water was freezing.

I'd been hearing that Madrid was under a kind of Extreme Heat Alert or something. But upon entering Madrid today at about 1:30pm I didn't find it all that hot yet. This afternoon was warmer but didn't seem any warmer than some of the hotter days in late June and early July.

They say by mid-August, in Madrid, things will start to cool off a bit. We'll see.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57393 - 07/28/08 11:49 AM Re: The weather !
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I'm very temped , I have to say , by an invitation to Bilbao ... My Basque friend just went there and asked me to join him .. Unfortunately , transport from Madrid to Bilbao is not great . Trains are VERY slow , and there is a bus service ( 5 hours I think and I HATE bus journeys ) . So It looks like I'll continue roasting here in Madrid ... Basting oil anyone ? ... This "weather" chat has been going on for some time but it is what dominates Madrid right now . I just checked on the forecast and seems we're looking at 35c ( about 98f ) for our lunch . The forecast only goes as far as Sunday which is forecast at 39c ( 102f ) . Looks like we could be seeing the 40 degree mark soon .
On the plus side of this heat , Madrid is positively quiet ! I've been to Retiro Park a couple of times and although Sunday was busy ( as always ) , Saturday was empty at about 4 or 5 pm ... Very strange feeling .
Plaza Mayor was not that busy .The shopping streets ( Carmen and Preciados ) were doing good business and have canvas coverings over the entire streets to protect shoppers from the sun .
Calle Montera was doing a brisk trade too ( the prostitucion area of Madrid ) .. I can't remember seeing so many transactions taking place on the street .
And Love is definitely in the air .. Phew .. lots of romance going on in the streets of Madrid !

Steve

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1798 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments