Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#57380 - 07/02/08 01:14 AM Re: The weather !
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
Well it won't be as warm today, and tomorrow it will only (!) make about 27ºC (about 81ºF). Then back into the lowish 30`s for the weekend. Not much chance of rain until at least the middle of next week though.

Steve Robinson says

Quote:
Nice to see the younger generation really making an effort and looking great !
Yeah, you see Steve, it's phrases like that that give the impression you're old ! hahaha

BTW, what's the easiest way of including a quote in a post ?

#57381 - 07/02/08 03:40 AM Re: The weather !
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Jamongris wrote:
Quote:
BTW, what's the easiest way of including a quote in a post ?
Seems you found out how! wink

First, when posting, click the "Full Reply Form" instead of using the "Quick Reply" box at the bottom of all threads. Next, scroll to the bottom of the "Full Reply Form" and find the text you'd like to quote. Find it, highlight it, then scroll up a bit to the "Full Reply Form" text editor and click anywhere in the text editor field to "place" your cursor there. Then click the "Quote" button below the text editor to get the proper syntax. Paste your desired text between the two [ QUOTE ] "book-ends".

You can also do the same as the above described by going to the "Quick Reply" box at the end of the thread and simply pasting your quoted text between the following "quote" book-ends, [ QUOTE ] [ /QUOTE ] (with no spaces between the brackets). This is what I usually do.

Looking forward to a cooler day today. :jump:

Saludos, MadridMan cool

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57382 - 07/02/08 06:12 AM Re: The weather !
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Jamongris .. I am "older" at 42 years jajaja No problems with that whatsoever .... But I have to say that the level of "youth" in Plaza de Colon did get me thinking .... We ALL had a good time jeje .. Spain have to be favourites for the world cup no ? I'm not a football expert but .....Seems to me they have real flair .

#57383 - 07/02/08 06:47 AM Re: The weather !
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

What a pleasure is today's weather. hehehe.. It's breezy, overcast, and cool. NICE! cool Perfect day to have the windows open and working while listening to my flamenco collection CDs - while OTHERS are away on vacation. rolleyes

By the way, I just happened upon some information about the "Evaporative Coolers" (a.k.a. "Swamp Coolers") we were discussing earlier. Looks interesting! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evaporative_cooling#Evaporative_cooling . I mentioned the design to a Spanish friend of mine, saying it didn't use coolants nor did it release carbon dioxide and she said, "Yeah, but you're consuming a lot of water!" Hmmm.. If it's not one thing it's another. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57384 - 07/03/08 02:36 AM Re: The weather !
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
MadridMan guessed

Quote:
Seems you found out how! [Wink]
Thanks, I was wondering if there was a way to copy and paste someone's post without having to type the MadridMan wrote bit, sounds like no then.

Steve Robinson wrote

Quote:
Spain have to be favourites for the world cup no ? I'm not a football expert but .....Seems to me they have real flair .
Getting the hang of the quotes thing now smile

They do indeed have a lot of talent and flair. They only thing is the next one is in South Africa, and European teams always struggle to win the tournament when it is not in their continent, favourites would probably be Brazil and the Argies.

Mind you what do I know. I wanted to drop Torres, and he scored the only goal of the final, and Xavi, and he has just been named player of the tournament.

Do swamp coolers use a lot of water then ? I guess you have to fill up some kind of reservoir every so often ? They're not cheap either, looking at the link posted by Madridmadridmadrid.

Talking of water wastage, my next door neighbour visits his house about 6 or 7 weekends a year, the rest of the time it is empty. Every morning at 7 his automatic sprinklers go off for half an hour, so that the grass is green for those occasions. mad

#57385 - 07/03/08 09:37 AM Re: The weather !
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Steve, It seems as if you and I are the only people in Madrid who love the hot weather! I keep telling Spanish people that they dont appreciate the sun like they should!

#57386 - 07/03/08 02:43 PM Re: The weather !
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hehehe... sallyanne, you and steve robinson can have the hot weather!!! :p wink

Today was very pleasant, perfectly sunny, lightly breezy, not really hot at all. In fact, now the DRY weather really kicks in. I was somewhat surprised to look in the mirror this morning to find the skin around my mouth all dry and flaky. Yuck! This is what you get with nearly "0" humidity.

I recall some friends who lived in Albuquerque, New Mexico (USA) whom often complained about how their printed photos (those which were loose and not in a photo album) were curling up and many of their VHS videotapes were destroyed because of the dry dry dry conditions.

What I DO love about this weather is when you hang your wet laundry in the sun it's all dry in about 30 minutes - maybe 40 minutes for jeans!! It usually takes/took an electric clothes dryer longer to dry clothes. Seems so pointless now to have one of those things now that I live here. Now when I go home (in Ohio) I try to hang my clothes to dry - but it takes like 6-12 hours to dry there, depending on the season, because of the high humidity. rolleyes

But these days it has been quite nice here in Madrid and throughout Spain. On the northern coast it has been quite cool and rainy. Sounds nice. I hope to be spending a few days there later this month for a mini-vacation. We'll see.

Saludos, MadridMan

#57387 - 07/04/08 03:45 AM Re: The weather !
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
MadridMan, if you like cooler weather, go visit the UK, you will love it!

#57388 - 07/04/08 01:07 PM Re: The weather !
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
MM, funny you should mention New Mexico. I am from there and have always compared the similarities between NM and Spain, especially the climate and landscape. Maybe that is why the conquistadores stopped on the banks of the Rio Grande in central NM to settle. (my grandparents lived less than a mile from where the first Spanish settlers settled in).
I remember my first time on a bus on the plains outside Madrid, I couldn't get over the landscape, it was EXACTLY like that of NM!

Anyway, try and stay cool, and i'm sure things will heat up when I get there next week! rolleyes

#57389 - 07/05/08 05:11 AM Re: The weather !
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Seems it's going to be a HOT one today here in Madrid. Ugh. 11am and I'm already sweating a little (I have a low threshold for heat) - but I slept very very well last night with nothing more than open windows and a sheet. It was quite nice. Yesterday I didn't even use the fan!! thumbsup

laduque, many Spaniards I knew in Albuquerque told me the same, that much of central New Mexico seemed like Castilla, Spain and with very similar weather - except now for the snow. The rain storms are much prettier there than in Spain though.

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1793 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments