Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#57302 - 04/14/08 09:31 PM Invitation from Spanish citizen to stay in apt need to register with police stattion
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the form from the police station saying that I am staying with a spanish citizen for three weeks on a tourist visa? how long will it take to get the letter mailed from Seville to Boston?

#57303 - 04/15/08 04:15 AM Re: Invitation from Spanish citizen to stay in apt need to register with police stattion
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I don't have any idea how long it would take, maybe months, I suppose.

If you are a United States citizen you don't need any visa to stay in Spain up to three months so for your three weeks you'll need nothing more than a US Passport.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57304 - 04/15/08 06:29 AM Re: Invitation from Spanish citizen to stay in apt need to register with police stattion
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Matador writes
Quote:
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the form from the police station saying that I am staying with a spanish citizen for three weeks on a tourist visa? how long will it take to get the letter mailed from Seville to Boston?
Like MM, I question whether such a document is necessary for such a short visit. We always stay with relatives: 'landing cards' we fill out on our arrival ask for our address in Spain and we enter their address. We have never filled out any other form.

#57305 - 04/16/08 09:35 PM Re: Invitation from Spanish citizen to stay in apt need to register with police stattion
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
Hi, The problem is that I have a USA Green Card(legal resident)but a passport from another country. I spoke with the conulate in boston. I am not studying Abroad(As I did in 2002-2003 Seville) and I am not staying in a hotel. The Consulate in boston says that for this reason I have to get a letter of invitation from the police station by the person who is inviting me. It is some kind of form that she has to fill out for me from the police station. By the way MM congrats on your move. It was great meeting you in 2003. On another note have you heard of the american writer from lonely planet who was writing about countries that he had not visited. In one instance he wrote about Colombia and the information that he gathered was from his Colombian girlfriend in America. MM we all know that you are legit. You are too legit to quit(Mc Hammer). I am glad that you are in Spain.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mah-g, Ricardo Mata
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1734 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments