Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#57089 - 04/30/07 03:49 PM Re: Madrid: San Isidro 2007 info?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Anyone have that schedule yet?

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57090 - 05/04/07 08:29 AM Re: Madrid: San Isidro 2007 info?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)

#57091 - 05/04/07 09:25 AM Re: Madrid: San Isidro 2007 info?
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I was reading about this San Isidro because I do not read Spanish from this San Isidro Info because they have it in English.

On the bottom they have something in English which I found amazing
Quote:
Madrid's Saint Isidore is not to be confused with Saint Isidore of Seville, new patron saint of the Internet
A new patron saint for the Internet? I love Spain but a saint for the internet? This has to be a joke.

Because I cannot see I group of men carrying a statue through the streets of Sevilla, the statue is wearing an Ipod, tee shirt, kaki pants, sneakers and has its own MySpace web page.

Bill

#57092 - 05/04/07 06:20 PM Re: Madrid: San Isidro 2007 info?
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Bill from NYC, there actually is a patron saint of the Internet...I went to the Catholic forum link and it lists all saints and their patronage...Yes indeed, Saint Isadore of Seville is the Patron Saint of the internet and of students as well........

I hope all in Madrid have a very fun time during las fiestas, I was there once in May for the festivities (before I was a teacher with vacation times built in), now I am "forced" to visit Madrid in July when it is soooooo hot!!!!! rolleyes

#57093 - 05/05/07 04:21 AM Re: Madrid: San Isidro 2007 info?
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Quote:
I hope all in Madrid have a very fun time during las fiestas, I was there once in May for the festivities (before I was a teacher with vacation times built in), now I am "forced" to visit Madrid in July when it is soooooo hot!!!!!
Why don't you try coming around the 15th of August, when it tends to be just a little less scorching and you can enjoy the Fiestas de la Paloma, which I always felt were the best in Madrid.

#57094 - 05/05/07 08:56 AM Re: Madrid: San Isidro 2007 info?
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
San Isidoro de Sevilla is also the patron saint of philogy (the love of knowledge--the academic discipline that encompasses literature, linguistics, language, etc.). He wrote a huge encyclopedic series of volumes that attempted to document and interconnect all of the knowledge of his era.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1770 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments