Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#57079 - 04/23/07 05:13 AM Madrid: San Isidro 2007 info?
pim_on_tour Offline

Loc: Basel, Switzerland
Please, please, please, frown can anyone post a reliable link to this year's events (main concerts, verbenas, etc...)?
I keep looking but can't find anything....just a tedious 'barrio by barrio' account in the ayuntamiento's site....and I don't want to have to wait for the 'Guia del Ocio' of that week to come out

Many thanks!!! laugh

#57080 - 04/24/07 04:45 AM Re: Madrid: San Isidro 2007 info?
pim_on_tour Offline

Noone? confused

#57081 - 04/24/07 06:13 AM Re: Madrid: San Isidro 2007 info?
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
As far as I know, the San Isidro program for this year has not been released yet. Only the bull fair has been announced. The verbena will be held, as usual, in the Pradera de San Isidro, at the West bank of Manzanares river (some would say creek), more or less in front of Vicente Calderon stadium.

Rather than directly the Ayuntamiento Website, I would track the esMadrid! Website. Excerpted from their "About...":
Quote:
Esmadrid.com is the portal of the city of Madrid. Its aims are to improve links between citizens and their Council and to make visitors, companies and inhabitants aware of what the city has to offer. The Esmadrid.com portal is the property of Empresa Municipal Promoción de Madrid, a public company owned by Madrid City Council.

#57082 - 04/24/07 06:48 AM Re: Madrid: San Isidro 2007 info?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Torrales, glad to know that the program simply hasn't been published YET. I say that because I did a pretty in-depth search on the web, and even on esMadrid! , but didn't find anything apart from the Fería de San Isidro de Las Ventas - Plaza de Toros.

I plan to go again to the Pradera de San Isidro for one afternoon at least. Last year is was SO DARN HOT.

General information and photos about the San Isidro holiday can be found @ http://www.congregacionsanisidro.org/fiesta.htm (mostly in Spanish but some English too).

(MadridMan lives pretty close to the Pradera!)

Saludos, MadridMan laugh

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57083 - 04/25/07 04:19 AM Re: Madrid: San Isidro 2007 info?
pim_on_tour Offline

Thank you both for your answers.

Am I the only one that thinks it's a bit odd that the information is not out yet?, I mean, it is April 25th!
(Both my hubby and I will be spending that whole week in Madrid and it'd be nice to know what concerts, etc...will be worth attending....)

Mmmm....or could it be that I'm becoming a bit Swiss!!! eek

Madre mia!!! wink

wave

#57084 - 04/25/07 04:41 AM Re: Madrid: San Isidro 2007 info?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Hey pim! How are you?

I guess you are planning on celebrating your 1st anniversary in Madrid during the festivities cool I can't believe it's a whole year ago.

I remember trying to find out the itinerary last year. I never managed to get it on line from esmadrid, but as soon as we arrived in Madrid, I picked one up in the airport.

We had a great time at the verbena thingy - dancing (embarrasingly - sorry miguelito!), eating calamares and drinking nice things, whilst listening to and watching all the festivities. Great memories.

I remember going to the Retiro to watch an amazing firework display after an orchestral concert too - I think this was like the finale to the celbrations?

I'm sure whatever you find to do, it will be a very happy celebration of your first year together.

(You didn't fancy Yorkshire for your first anniversary then? wink )

Jo

#57085 - 04/25/07 05:26 AM Re: Madrid: San Isidro 2007 info?
pim_on_tour Offline

Hi Jo, sweets!,

You got that right! laugh

I'm spending the whooole month of may in Madrid!, and hubby will be visiting for that week. hearts

I'd really be looking forward to the verbenas at Las Vistillas and the concerts on Plaza Mayor and such....

(My favourite fiesta is not San Isidro, though, not even La Paloma, but the much more humble San Cayetano and San Lorenzo, in August; and I'll forever be grateful to fellow MMers Barry and Pablo for introducing me to them) thumbsup

We haven't got around to go to Yorkshire, yet!, but during X-mas break; besides spending time in Madrid and Zaragoza we managed to "tour": Horsham, Chichester, Dorchester, Weston-Super-Mare, Cerne Abbas wink , Birmingham, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Henley, Reading, Windsor, Ascot...etc. (and were a bit dissapointed we never made it to Stonehenge! :p )

Besos, wave

#57086 - 04/25/07 08:07 AM Re: Madrid: San Isidro 2007 info?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Pim, we went to a Berbena downtown, near the Iglesia de San Francisco el Grande because I'd wanted to see how it was. My significant other was more shocked than me as it appeared to be nothing more than a full-blown Botellón. They had the stage and some dancers but 95% of the people there (mostly under 25 years old) weren't paying attention as they were too involved with their homemade cocktails. rolleyes :yuck:

MAYBE I'll get to see you, pim_on_tour, this May! I'd like that.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57087 - 04/26/07 09:59 AM Re: Madrid: San Isidro 2007 info?
pim_on_tour Offline

Hey!, we're open to the idea of a MMan-San Isidro get together, if anyone is interested.

cool

#57088 - 04/26/07 07:02 PM Re: Madrid: San Isidro 2007 info?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

pim_on_tour, I was looking over someone's shoulder today on the metro. They were reading the free "Metro" newspaper and there was a near-full-page program of the San Isidro festivities so it must be published elsewhere too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments