Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#56906 - 12/20/06 10:49 AM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
Torero Offline

Loc: Iowa
Atleti is my favorite team! I used to live with a family in Getafe and they had season tickets, so we went to all the home games in the Calderon. It was an awesome experience. I've been to a few games at the Bernabeu and the atmosphere doesn't compare the noise and crowd in the Calderon. Atletico have had some down years since then, including a year in second division, but things are looking up and as all my Atletico friends say--this year is going to be good.

You can also find lots of good soccer info, including what games are being played each week on the AS newspaper website: www.as.com

#56907 - 12/21/06 07:16 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
jysuper Offline

Loc: Fairport,NY
Thanks Torero for the link!

Atleti tied 1-1 at Barcelona.

#56908 - 12/21/06 10:58 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jamongris,

Regarding Becks there has been a lot of speculation about him coming to the MLS to play for the LA Galaxy.His wife was seen recently shopping around for a home in Los Angeles so there must be something very seriously cooking.We'll see what happens in January, but my best guess is that he will stay in Madrid until the end of the season when his contract expires. rolleyes

jysuper,

Here is an interesting statistic.Atleti has not lost to any of the 3 clubs that are ahead of them in the standings so far.They beat Sevilla and tied Real Madrid and Barcelona. thumbsup

Torero,

I agree with you in that the atmosphere is better at the Calderon because Atleti fans are very passionate.Recent renovations to the stadium have taken away a bit of the ambiance though.They have pushed both FONDO SUR and FONDO NORTE stands back a few meters from the goal line and this has reduced the crowd noise.So nowdays it is less intimidating for the opposing team because the fans are not as close to the pitch as they used to be. smile

#56909 - 12/22/06 11:06 AM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
Torero Offline

Loc: Iowa
That's sad news to hear, El Rey. I haven't been to a game in the Calderon in a few years, since I have only had the opportunity to travel to Madrid during teh summer off-season. I was in the stadium two years ago for the Hombres G and El Canto del Loco concert, but I guess I didn't notice the renovations to the interior of the stadium (a few too many cañas beforehand...)
Thanks for the update and I hope to get to an Atleti game sometime soon!!

#56910 - 12/22/06 04:17 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
my favorite team in the world is REAL MADRID,also the best ever.

but I am biased; I played for them in the 1970-1971 season ---alavin division!
Mi corazon es blanco!!!

#56911 - 12/23/06 04:32 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
jysuper Offline

Pedmar,

Was this the Real Madrid or the lower division. Real Madrid is a great team no doubt. They seem like the NY Yankees in that they buy championships with marquee players. Might be catching up to them.

#56912 - 12/28/06 04:43 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

jysuper
this is the alevin division:youth players of about 11-12 years old. unfortun did not stay long enough to try hope to make it to the big team but i am a register fan and socio
you can see it here in English or Spanish
http://www.realmadrid.com/portada_eng.htm
and comment on the peña por internet here in spanish only in our new server; the group have been together since 1995.
http://www.egrupos.net/grupo/realmadrid

#56913 - 01/02/07 11:41 AM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
jysuper Offline

You know,

Atleti is my team in the Spanish League but in the EPL I might become a fan of Arsenal now instead of Boro. Boro has had some down years and myself being black it is encouraging to see show much diversity with Arsenal. They have a lot of black players that can play and play well despite some unfair atmospheres there.

#56914 - 01/02/07 04:47 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

he he he! well you know what we say about atletico colchoneros in city rivalty: the Madrid derby! always a great event.

now Arsenal has lots of good French player in particular one named Tierry Henry. they are always dangerous but nothing yet like Lyon in France.They need to win the big one;you know.

#56915 - 01/02/07 05:20 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
jysuper Offline

Definitely. I don't know much about the history of Arsenal but I will learn more.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments