Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#56916 - 01/05/07 08:12 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
Meeko Offline

Loc: Madrid
I just got to see my first ever soccer match (besides the mls 2006 cup)...i got to see El Barça vs. El Atleti Madrid on dec. 22 in Barcelona. What a game!! I had a press pass because my boyfriend works for a sports network and was able to see some of the players from Atleti up close as they talked to the media. I'll post the link to some pics at a later date, just got back from a 3 week tour of Spain, and the game was one of my favourites.

#56917 - 01/07/07 01:35 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
great Meeko; i know that souvenir will last a long time.
please do post some photos here/thanks

#56918 - 01/07/07 01:49 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
jysuper Offline

Loc: Fairport,NY
Great man!

I hope to one day see Atleti in person. Definitely post those pics. Are you from Toronto Meeko?

#56919 - 01/12/07 04:21 AM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
Beckhams off then. El Rey was right, Galaxy in LA it is. They reckon, apart from his contributions on the pitch to Madrid during which time they have remained trophy-less I think, that he has generated sales of a million Real Madrid shirts - quite incredible really.

I went to a new ground for me Wednesday night. Rayo Vallecano were playing Sevilla in the cup. A poor goal-less draw on a cold night but a very nice intimate stadium with a good atmosphere. I´d recommend going there for a change just to see a different level of football.

#56920 - 01/12/07 02:56 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

yes beckham is gone for a higher galaxy USD and business for Victoria. I understand that; its todays world. He did his part while there :the team is also richer than ever!

rayo vallecano i love it, know the field been there: once in a while in first division; i saw them then. better go for Real Madrid Castilla 2nd division .

#56921 - 01/15/07 05:45 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
jysuper Offline

Loc: Fairport,NY
Beckham should bring exposure to the game but it is very difficult for Americans to enbrace this game. It is considered boring here. People like scoring which is something that soccer doesn't have enough of.

#56922 - 01/16/07 02:40 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Anyone want to place bets on how long it takes Beckham and/or Victoria to 'star' in a movie???? wink

Actually, being a soccer fan (and player as a kid as and as the paent of one / AYSO was big on the West Coast and the Islands)I think Beckham's move will boost US interest in the game ....

#56923 - 01/18/07 04:09 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

well they said the same thing when PELE came to America with the new york cosmos (i was there to welcome him at the stadium in ny) and it flops close went home and then it came the MSL.
I hope he does but its very very difficult over there;still seen as an immigrant sport.
I play semipro there (alevin with Real Madrid in Spain) and was all immigrants with names like Club España Newark NJ and Perth Amboy portuguese and Patterson Ukrainian ,and Kearny Scots;etc etc.
I think the USSF would do good to pick kids from these leagues.

#56924 - 02/20/08 01:53 AM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Big game for Atletico this Thursday against Billy theMan's Bolton Wanderers.Atletico trying to make some waves in the European circuit and looking to return to the glory days as one of Spain's best clubs.

BillytheMan if you are attending the match be careful around the outskirts of the stadium there were a few incidents when Aberdeen visited the Calderon a few months back.The usual drunk fans and there were a few that were hurt.Keep a low profile and enjoy the game. smile

#56925 - 02/21/08 09:41 AM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
i work right next to Atletico Madrids ground, so am waiting patiently for all the english fans to arrive!! I finish at 7pm, so there will probably be lots of them milling around by then. I hope there is no mtrouble this time, and that its a good clean game.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1862 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments