Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#56896 - 12/12/06 11:54 AM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
jysuper Offline

Loc: Fairport,NY
Wow!

West Ham United is the best team in the world??

Puzzling. Man U. still rules England! I thing Tevez learned a great lesson about not leaving before the game ends. Atletico has fallen a bit. I can't believe they lost to Espanyol. Well, looking forward to next week against Getafe. Boro is my team in the Premiership. How are they doing?

#56897 - 12/12/06 10:13 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jamongris: My fav team from the EPL is Liverpool (Xabi Alonso,Luis Garcia,Gerrard,Crouch,Cisse,Rafa Benitez and the gang).

I too have been enjoying Sevilla and I loved it when they won the UEFA cup last May.They have been unstoppable ever since.

I did catch the match against Real Madrid a couple of days ago and it was more of a rugby match if you ask me(foul after foul after foul).It seemed like there was a guy down on the pitch every 15 seconds or so.There were 2 fantastic goals though:the goal by Beckham(from an impossible angle)and the second Sevilla goal(a bycicle kick that was so perfectly placed that Casillas had no chance).

jysuper: Tough loss for Atleti but don't despair,it's early in the season.Brace yourself for next Wednesday's match against Barcelona.

#56898 - 12/14/06 05:35 AM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
jysuper yes of course they are the best. Boro is a strange choice, why them? They´re not having a good season at the moment. The manager left to become Englands´in the Summer and they haven´t really found form yet. Usually a good cup side though.

El Rey, I can´t really say Liverpool are a team I enjoy watching. As with Valencia before, Benitez does seem to produce effective, but a little negative teams. They do have Englands´´ best player in Gerrard though, it´s a disgrace he is not captain of the national team.

Sevilla v R Madrid was not one of the best adverts for football. I hate it when it gets to the stage where all the players become more interested in cheating than playing football. It reminded me of Barcelona v Chelsea not that long ago......

#56899 - 12/14/06 01:11 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
jysuper Offline

Jamongris,

I didn't know that. When Boro built their new stadium, I started following them. They need to expand Riverside. I had to pick a team so I picked them. They worked hard when I followed them.

#56900 - 12/16/06 06:07 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
jysuper Offline

Good Luck to Atletico against Getafe!

#56901 - 12/18/06 01:16 AM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
Anonymous
Unregistered

jysuper,

Big win for Atleti yesterday (against a very stingy Getafe side that leads the league in less goals allowed)and this puts them back in forth place.This is very good if you take into consideration that they've lost two very important offensive players(Maxi Rodriguez and Martin Petrov)to long term injuries.A fourth place finish or better would get them into the UEFA Champions League where they haven't been in ten years. thumbsup

Jamongris,

Congrats,as West Ham really took it to Man U this weekend.Huge victory for them as they are fighting to get out of the relegation zone. smile

#56902 - 12/18/06 06:36 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
jysuper Offline

Great win. Barcelona looms on Wednesday

#56903 - 12/19/06 03:43 AM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
Thanks very much El Rey, they really did need that win after the other weekend results.

As I´m sure you know the premiership is extremely tight. They´re only 12 points off a UEFA place even being in the bottom three (West Ham fans are optimistic by nature !)

I read Bolton are interested in Beckham. Do you reckon he´ll leave Madrid in January ?

#56904 - 12/19/06 09:23 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
jysuper Offline

He shouldn't. MLS wants him. Los Angeles in particular.

#56905 - 12/20/06 08:06 AM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
jysuper wrote:
Quote:
Great win. Barcelona looms on Wednesday
What time's the game? Maybe I can catch it at home if it's not on Canal+.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2067 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments