Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#56886 - 12/04/06 04:58 PM How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
jysuper Offline

Loc: Fairport,NY
Hello all,

I was looking for the sports section but couldn't find one. Great soccer in Spain. Athletico just keeps on winning. Hopefully we can win the league. What about other teams in Spain? Anyone have a particular team?

#56887 - 12/04/06 05:25 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You know, their stadium is so close to me and yet I don't know anything about them. I thought they were LOSING! Maybe I'm thinking of Real Madrid. wink hehehe... Well good for them. SOMEDAY I'll have to make an effort to see a professional Spanish football/fútbol/soccer game.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#56888 - 12/05/06 04:15 AM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
Anonymous
Unregistered

jysuper: I saw part of the Atletico match this Saturday and was thrilled when the goalie Leo Franco stopped those 2 penalty shots to help them win against Betis.Atletico is now in 4th place and looking to challenge the 3 front runners Barca,Madrid and Sevilla.I follow spanish futbol regularly, and now I'm able to watch it live on GOL TV(www.goltv.tv)since my cable tv company here in San Diego began to carry this channel in August.

MadridMan: You seem to have a major PET PEEVE or ATTITUDE against soccer(the # 1 pastime in Spain and the #1 sport in the entire world).It seems that when someone starts a thread about soccer you respond with an attitude of INDIFFERENCE,NEGATIVITY and SARCASM.Yet,even though you've made it obvious that futbol doesn't interest you,you still keep responding to these threads.I find that rather puzzling about you.

If soccer talk annoys you so much,why don't you put up a sign just like you did for the POLITICS and that way we won't annoy you anymore wink

Gee,I always thought that a TRUE MadridMan would at least sympathize with soccer since it's the #1 pastime in Spain.And what about this obvious anti- Real Madrid attitude of yours?I find it really,really STUPID.Real Madrid has always been a very succesful operation and a source of great pride for the city of Madrid and the country of Spain.REAL MADRID IS CONSIDERED TO BE THE BEST SOCCER CLUB IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!! If you were smarter you would use this as a positive asset in order to promote your message board.

I'm sorry dude but I think your attitude is totally wrong. frown

#56889 - 12/05/06 06:04 AM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
And Ronaldinho became a Spanish Citizen this week!

El Rey: I personally like Celta de Vigo.

We were in your ciudad for Thanksgiving week to visit our son. We stayed at Mission Valley Resort on Hotel Circle; spent Saturday afternoon at Old Town; went to Sunday Mass at Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcalá, and had a wonderful time overall. cool

Several groups of Soccer players (one: 13-year olds; another: middle-age men) were staying at the hotel/resort that weekend. They got up early and went to play their matches. Futbol is alive and well and living under an assumed name (Soccer) in San Diego, California. :jump:

#56890 - 12/05/06 06:14 AM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Quote:
If you were smarter you would use this as a positive asset in order to promote your message board.
YOUCH! That hurts!

I haven't had a "Rant Against MadridMan" in quite some time. I thought I was doing something right there for awhile. wink

Dear El Rey, I'm not sure where you're reading about my Anti-Real Madrid attitude or anti-Spanish soccer in general. Maybe there was something lost in the textual translation but I have nothing against soccer in Spain - I simply don't know much about it. From time to time I'll catch the bigger rivalry games like Real Madrid versus F.C. Barcelona and/or Real Madrid versus Atlético de Madrid but apart from those I don't take much time to pay attention to the teams or the scores of the games.

As for being a "TRUE" MadridMan - of that you can be sure. But that doesn't mean I must be a BIG supporter of Madrid Football, Madrid Bullfighting, Madrid Flamenco, Madrid Paella, and Madrid Politics, does it? Not everything Madrid is green. A "TRUE" MadridMan would observe, realize, and share that. smile

I wish the best to Real Madrid, F.C. Barcelona, Atlético de Madrid, and whatever other team in Spain (none of which I can remember now, I'm sorry to say).

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#56891 - 12/05/06 10:47 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Eddie:Glad to know that you were here in San Diego for Thanksgiving and enjoyed it.As you know San Diego's past is strongly linked to Spain.The Mission of San Diego de Alcala,Old Town etc all date back to Spanish colonial time,a few hundred years ago.Also,the climate and geography of this region strongly resembles that of Mediterranean Spain(Andalucia.Levante etc).

Ronaldinho scored a goal today for Barca,I love to watch him play.He is a good person off the field too,I wish him the best.

Your team Celta did very well last year in the Liga.I think they finished 5th or 6th,I'm not sure.Have you ever been to Balaidos stadium?

MadridMan:My best wishes for the Ohio State Buckeyes on the National Championship game.By the way I think we might have a Super Bowl team here in San Diego this year.Our Chargers are on a roll and looking very good so far(10-2) xfingers

#56892 - 12/06/06 07:38 AM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
ElRey writes:
Quote:
... As you know San Diego's past is strongly linked to Spain.The Mission of San Diego de Alcala,Old Town etc all date back to Spanish colonial time,a few hundred years ago.Also,the climate and geography of this region strongly resembles that of Mediterranean Spain.
More than 400 or so years ago when Fray Junipero Serra built Mission San Diego as the first on the Mission Trail (Camino Réal).

Actually, I thought the geography was more like that of Pontevedra (Galicia). Take the coastal route from Baiona to la Guardia and you will see. The Climate: that's a whole nuther story!

In Old Town, my wife asked some Mariachis to play El Rey, a song she likes. We also enjoyed the folkloric Mexican dances kids were performing

The only downside of our trip was when a Taxi driver told us it would cost twenty bucks to take us from the Mission to the Mission San Diego Trolley station. It was Sunday and the Chargers were playing the Raiders; and, as you know, it's not far from there to the Stadium

#56893 - 12/06/06 10:59 AM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
jysuper Offline

Loc: Fairport,NY
El Rey,

You know I'm a big Buffalo Bills fan. I live in Western New York. The Chargers took it to us on last Sunday. They are good. They look like a Super Bowl Contender. They must get past Indy, New England, and Cincy though. I'm a bigger football fan than soccer fan but hopefully the Bills can do better next season!

Go Bills!

#56894 - 12/07/06 02:59 PM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
neilstrauss23 Offline

Loc: madrid
Well enough!!! heard a lot of football here... but i will stacked up with REAL MADRID......CAMPEONES, ole, ole ole!!!

#56895 - 12/12/06 02:54 AM Re: How about Spanish Soccer! Go Athletico de Madrid!
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
Quote:
REAL MADRID IS CONSIDERED TO BE THE BEST SOCCER CLUB IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!
Come on El Rey, everyone knows thats West Ham United wink

I tend to have sympathies for the underdog, as do many neutrals, so in Madrid Athletico get my support, although I have enjoyed watching some high quality football from Real over the years.

I´m also enjoying Sevilla at the moment. They are doing extremely well and playing entertaining stuff too.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1884 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments