Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#56553 - 03/29/06 01:16 PM Opinions
RitaMarley Offline

Loc: St Petersburg, FL
Hey gang! I just joined and thought I would ask a few questions...
1. How many of you actually live (temp or perm)in Spain and where?
2. How do you like it?
3. What you dislike the most?
4. If temp, would you make it permanent given the chance.

Sorry if these have been asked before but, I am a newbie....An please, honesty is ok, I won't bite your head off if you dislike Spain...LOL

Thanks

Marie - SpaÑola en Orlando

#56554 - 04/04/06 01:44 AM Re: Opinions
CJA Offline

Loc: California
I lived in Spain last summer and am returning for this summer. I liked it but it took awhile to get used to coming from California...it could have been another planet. I didn't like the machismo..yes having someone yell "guapa, que guapa" is better than fea..but I still was not fond of the yelling, catcalls,etc.I also didn't like how dirty some places were, and the heat.
But,
I love the culture and the spanish language, the europeans seem to eat, drink and live different than Americans.For me, it fit better with who I am.I loved it so much I am going back, and I would definitely live there if I could.

#56555 - 04/06/06 05:22 PM Re: Opinions
edel Offline

Loc: Almeria/Dublin
i have been in Almeria on and off since i was 12, im nearly 22. My parents had a business when i was a kid, but it had to close due to racism (spanish not liking the irish in there village). I was living there full time and attending uni there until this september and now i am back in ireland until may! (i cant wait to be back for ever)

I love the way the spanish people welcome you into their family. I now have two spanish families (neighbours) and they make sure we are involed in everything that happens in our village. I think this is easier because we both speak spanish. I love the coffee, the food and the way in which they announce anything that is going to happen in the village from a loud speaker in the church, this system is used for xmas carols during the holiday season. i love the markets and the shoe shopping. I really love the music and the fiestas and they way you can dance till 8 am in the discos if you want!

I dislike the Q Skipping in the spain, mainly at the meat counter by the older spanish ladies. I hate the way that everything takes different siesta hours and every time i need a internal flight they are always very expensive. I also hate the fact that we can get telefonica to give us broadband!!

But other than that I LOVE IT!!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments