Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#56512 - 03/07/06 07:10 AM Semana Santa Seville
Shady Lady Offline

Loc: London
I've heard that information is available about the route of Semana Santa processions in Seville from the week before. I'm just wondering if it's also available on the net as I won't be arriving until the Tuesday of Holy Week?

#56513 - 03/08/06 06:21 AM Re: Semana Santa Seville
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
The city (Ayuntamiento) prints a booklet and distributes it to taxistas. If you don't find one on the 'net,' ask your taxi driver for one when you get there.

I guess the rationale for distributing them to taxistas is that many streets are closed during certain days/hours: mostly Thursday & Friday

#56514 - 03/08/06 07:24 AM Re: Semana Santa Seville
Shady Lady Offline

Thanks Eddie, that sounds like a very efficient scheme, which I hadn't heard about before. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find one by the time I got there...

#56515 - 03/09/06 05:49 PM Re: Semana Santa Seville
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
You are in for the experience of a lifetime visiting Sevilla for Semana Santa. laugh I visited during this period first in 2003 thinking it was my "once in a lifetime" trip but I'll be returning next month for the 4th year in a row!

I found a website that may be helpful to you. It's only in spanish but my spanish is limited and I can muddle through it :o .

web page

I usually try to get a guide at the Santa Justa train station when I come in on the AVE from Madrid. They also have guides in the tourist office and some newspaper kiosks but sometimes run out later in the week. The daily paper, ABC, also lists the processional routes for the evening along with the times.

Hope this helps and have a wonderful holiday.

#56516 - 03/09/06 08:03 PM Re: Semana Santa Seville
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Boink! Topic moved here.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#56517 - 03/10/06 04:11 PM Re: Semana Santa Seville
Lonoma Offline

Loc: Sevilla, Spain.
Just buy the dayly ABC paper or Diario de Sevilla newspaper and you will have accurate information about route processions in Sevilla (streets, hours, best places to watch processions, churches, …) . Remember that on Holy Friday there are not papers in Spain, so you can have all the info on Thursday papers.

#56518 - 03/20/06 09:29 AM Re: Semana Santa Seville
Shady Lady Offline

Thank you all for your help, I love you all!!

#56519 - 03/24/06 06:10 AM Re: Semana Santa Seville
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Here's a nice guide to Holy Week , giving everything you need to know about the processions in Sevilla, Málaga and Cordoba.

#56520 - 03/24/06 11:58 AM Re: Semana Santa Seville
Shady Lady Offline

That's perfect, Ancho - exactly what I need. Muchas gracias,

Shady.

#56521 - 04/22/06 08:35 AM Re: Semana Santa Seville
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
I enjoyed Palm Sunday weekend in Sevilla. On Palm Sunday morning I was able to go into the Iglesia de La Anunciacion and take pictures of the Pasos up close. Here are some of the pictures. La Borriquita is the first of the processions on Palm Sunday and it is a favorite of the children, many of whom participate in the procession.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3017 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments