Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5640 - 05/01/03 06:32 PM Madrid Lodging with A/C
Mic Offline

Can anyone recommend a charming place (under $80 USD per night) in Madrid, preferably in the Puerta del Sol area which also has air conditioning? We're going in August...Thanks!

#5641 - 05/01/03 08:46 PM Re: Madrid Lodging with A/C
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I just got back fron Hostal Adriano , where they are installing A/C in all the new and existing rooms. They have already installed some of them and have purchased all the units. According to Alberto, they will not raise the price or charge extra for it. They will also be used for supplemental heating in the winter time.

#5642 - 05/02/03 07:42 AM Re: Madrid Lodging with A/C
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Try the Hotel Plaza Mayor . Great location--very near Sol. Nice, clean rooms with A/C. And I think the standard doubles are about 80 euros. They may even run special deals in August.

#5643 - 05/04/03 04:18 PM Re: Madrid Lodging with A/C
Snoo Offline

Loc: Mississippi
Liz, I am thinking about staying at the Hotel Plaza Mayor next month. Is there still a big underground parking garage being constructed next to it (with a big hole in the ground?) confused When I did a search, the latest posts were from 2001 and talked about this.

#5644 - 05/04/03 05:25 PM Re: Madrid Lodging with A/C
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
No--the construction is finished! When I was there just last summer there was no sign of the upheaval that had been previously discussed on this board.

As I've said in other posts, I really can't recommend the Hotel Plaza Mayor enough. I had a universally positive experience when I stayed there for three weeks last summer. Glad you're thinking of giving it a try.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments