Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#56397 - 12/10/05 08:08 PM Re: Baby in Tapas bars
Gretchen6 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
Oooops pardon me for the spelling error...OsoMajor.

#56398 - 12/10/05 08:46 PM Re: Baby in Tapas bars
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
OsoMayor...OsoMajor, it's all the same, no!? wink

One of these days I'll be there Gretchen6, until then I'll have to settle for the ones we have here at home.

Not to get off the subject, (like it never happens here on MadridMan Message Boards), but speaking about "Osomayor y Osomajor", why do spanish speakers pronounce J as Y and vice versa in english. For example, my wife's name is Jennifer, but my mom & dad call her "Yennifer" or "Yennie", yet they lived on a street named York but pronounced it "Jork"! If they can say Jork why can't they say Jennifer? confused Also, shouldn't the J be pronounce as an H in spanish? So shouldn't they pronounce my wife's name as "Hennifer" or "Hennie"?

#56399 - 12/10/05 09:45 PM Re: Baby in Tapas bars
Gretchen6 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
Oh my....that is too funny OsoMajor. I am not an expert in Linguistics so I can't explain it. laugh My accent is terrible. Nonetheless, I think Yennifer is a fine name...you'll miss hearing it pronounced that way someday (may it be a very long time from now) You can't even imagine the name Gretchen in a Spanish accent smile I am sure there will be some experts on the subject to give more feedback. Have a great weekend.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments