Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#56241 - 09/16/05 09:13 PM Re: What about the BOYS in Spain?
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
laugh

Quote:
But, please - oh please - no more mullets!
Amen!

Join our anti-mullet campaign!!!!

If I had a friend with a mullet I would stop talking him... :p

Fernando

#56242 - 09/18/05 02:23 PM Re: What about the BOYS in Spain?
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Ahhhhhhhh!!!!! Sophia Loren wink . Doña Libros, for once I hope you're not right regarding the Klutie trend! eek BTW...I luv your hair! wink

#56243 - 09/18/05 04:50 PM Re: What about the BOYS in Spain?
meencantaespana Offline

Let's just put an end to this by saying...and concurring....SPANISH MEN ARE HOTTT!!

#56244 - 09/18/05 04:53 PM Re: What about the BOYS in Spain?
adiav Offline

Loc: Australia
Silvita wrote:
Quote:
Personally, I think guys in Spain are H-O-T. Outdone by the Italians only in the smoothness factor, Spanish men are great. Many still have the chivalrous attitude inherent in the Latin man, but also true progressiveness that is really found only in Europe. In other words, not only will they pull out your chair, but they'll do the dishes, too.
And then there was the comments about American men being obsessed with the Pamela Anderson stereotype...

So I'm going to throw my 2 cents in. American men are, in my experience, a lot more fun, chivalrous, adventurous, and entertaining than Australian ones, by far. I'd pick an American man over an Australian one almost any day (allowing that this is a general thing and saving room for personal choice and discretion depending on subject wink ).

I think whatever you're used to, wherever you're from - everything else seems better and exotic. Australians seem exotic to Americans (I had an American friend of mine touring Portugal recently, and he emailed me to tell me I should go to Lagos as it has sunny weather, beautiful beaches, and is full of Australians - I replied that if I wanted all that, I'd stay home!), and Americans seem exotic to me (that must seem crazy to some of you).

Now, I know nothing of Spanish men so far, except to say that the accent is to die for, and the Latin men I've met so far in my life have been nothing but charming. Italian men, however, were (in my recent trip to Italy) nothing short of horrible. Sleazy, not smooth; arrogant; ugly (of character) and rude. In fact, some were just down-right creepy, grabbing hold of me in public and not letting me go, and chasing me down the street calling me names if I either walked away from them or ignored them. Italy taught me not to make eye contact with anyone, ever, and that's wholly because of their men!

But from this thread, I'll have to keep on the lookout for the eye candy whilst in Spain. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

-adiav.

#56245 - 09/22/05 12:24 AM Re: What about the BOYS in Spain?
Lynette Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Ok, firstly, mullets are horrible, unless of course you like shoulder pads the size of refrigerators, leg warmers and harem pants. Secondly, I just spent a month in Madrid in July and saw nary a mullet... well, a baby mullet on some 15 year old. I also spent 3 days in Valencia during the trip and didn't see any mullets, thank goodness. Where are all these mullet sporting Spaniards? Are they milling about in some time warp that I didn't trip over?!

As far as the (albeit rediculous) "hotness" thread, Spanish men are lovely and for someone who's been going to Spain since the early 80's they've only become hotter as their attitudes have evolved to not only holding doors but 'doing the dishes' as well. During my last trip mere months ago, I was charmed by their continued love of women coupled with a new respect of intellect, ambition and freedom in the women around them. What's most attractive is not the dress, the color of their skin, or their non-mullet haircuts....it's the romantacism with which they approach women. American men AND women have forgotten how to be romantic. Romance and attitude is about a thousand times more important than look, anyway.

You youn'uns will figure that out soon enough!!
As always, enjoying reading the posts!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1612 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments