Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#56174 - 08/07/05 11:22 PM gift for a spanish family
laura7412 Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Hey there,

I will be living with a Spanish family in Madrid this fall and I need to get them a gift. All I know is that I'll be living with an older woman, her son, and her friend. Any ideas??

#56175 - 08/07/05 11:44 PM Re: gift for a spanish family
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Host family gifts are always kinda tough, if you do a search I think there has been a lot of discussion about this on this board. The first time I studied abroad I brought a picture frame, and then at the end of my time with them I gave them a photo of us to put in it. They seemed to really like it. The second time around, I tried to be a little more original, I brought them a book of photos of my home town, Chicago, along with the picture frame. The book turned out to be great because it kinda served as a "break the ice" kinda thing for my first night there, with them asking questions, me telling about my favorite places in the city, etc.
Good Luck!
Kelly

#56176 - 08/22/05 02:41 PM Re: gift for a spanish family
Raquel_dup1 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Being from Boston I brought my host family a bunch of Boston stuff! My senora especially loved a magnet! Her fridge was COVERED. Its a fun tradition to start for her because she can see all the different places her boarders come from!!
Also when my roommate and I finished the semester we got her something little. In return she got us a cute lil jewlery set!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments