Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#56030 - 07/05/05 07:51 AM What do you think about us?
quique Offline

Loc: alcala de henares
What do you think about Spain after reading all those scaring posts?

How many people (just one name for person, please) read this messages?

Do you really think that Spain is on the point to split up and become into another Yugoslavia?

Why Fernando haven't said anything about the succes of the Gay Parade, where gays and heteros were together supporting the new law?

#56031 - 07/05/05 08:49 AM Re: What do you think about us?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
From my somewhat distant perspective, I think Spain is doing just fine and following a democratic line. The people speak and the people (usually) get to choose what they want in their lives, in their neighborhoods, and for their country.

If gays have the right to marry - let them marry.

If Galicia/Basque/Catalan want to become some kind of independent state then fine. But I don't think it'll happen since they're not a kind of commonwealth or a territory or a colony of Spain but rather part of the whole of Spain. That's like saying New York State wants to become it's own country. It's just not going to be allowed by the federal government who rules over them. Now if it was Puerto Rico or someplace like that then okay, they're not an official State of the Union of the United States of America.

I'm not scared at all from reading these postings. In fact, I'm proud and happy with the way things are going for the most part. Be strong, Spain! Fight for your rights - no matter what you feel your rights are.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#56032 - 07/05/05 08:49 AM Re: What do you think about us?
TJGuy Offline

Loc: Florida
good question quique..i had hoped someone would start a discussion on the new found voice all the indepedence-minded regions have found.

Its a little hard for me to imagine Spain would split but Galicia and Cataluna sure are making moves to be independant in all but name.

The thing that I find odd is that I'm really not hearing much from the Spanish public about the movements and comments the Galician and Catalunan national political parties have made. Perhaps, because you live there and are used to it, you don't pay much attention to it.

#56033 - 07/05/05 04:59 PM Re: What do you think about us?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
laugh laugh

#56034 - 07/05/05 05:49 PM Re: What do you think about us?
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Quote:
Why Fernando haven't said anything about the succes of the Gay Parade, where gays and heteros were together supporting the new law?
Don't tell me that you were thinking that I had kept myself out of the thread!!!! laugh

It is just that the last days I've been rather busy. But prepare yourself for my return! :p

Fernando

#56035 - 07/06/05 11:46 AM Re: What do you think about us?
TJGuy Offline

Loc: Florida
well said Booklady smile wink wink

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments