Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#55890 - 05/26/05 09:18 PM Madrid Parade next sunday?
MadridGirl273 Offline

My friend, studying in Spain, sent me a message today regarding a large parade in the capital to take place in 2 Sundays to celebrate Madrid being a candidate city for the Olympics. Anyone heard anything about this? Apparently Shakira is to give a concert?

#55891 - 05/26/05 09:44 PM Re: Madrid Parade next sunday?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yup. There was a front page article in yesterday's El País English Edition about it. I guess she'll be singing her new songs at the base/around the Puerta de Alcalá as part of a PUSH for the HOPEFUL 2012 Olympic Games in Madrid.

I thought it odd they'd choose Shakira, a Colombian, but guess no Spaniard had the "star power" that would attract the eyes/ears of the world. Why not Enrique Iglesias? I like Shakira but..... for Madrid? I would've thought a Spaniard would've been more appropriate.

Regardless, I wish I could be there but I won't arrive until 2 weeks afterwards.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#55892 - 05/26/05 10:38 PM Re: Madrid Parade next sunday?
MadridGirl273 Offline

Thank you for the confirmation! I thought it odd too that they selected Shakira, but perhaps Enrique was unavailable?

Luckily I'll be there just a few days before in time to see it - will post about it if I can!

Lindsey

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2438 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments