Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#55529 - 03/07/05 12:20 PM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Capitalino Offline

Loc: Madrid
Madridman, thank you for your commentary...

Some would be shocked to learn that if I were a "racist"...I would not have worked for an African woman in Britain when I studied in London.

I am simply stating an opinion on something that is very important to me: the character of my city...and I am not used to seeing such uncontrolled immigration.

oh and to the one who calls me "racist"...I read your profile...it just says Madrid/Bilbao...it does not say where you are from. Does it matter to me? No.

#55530 - 03/09/05 09:30 PM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Armando Lopez de ELIZALDE de AYALA Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
I am of Jalisco, Mex. descent, I get treated badly by mexicans. What can i do?
I look European...
I don't hate Mexicans, but they don't accept me.

#55531 - 03/10/05 10:38 AM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
jabch Offline

Armando:

Sorry, but I really doubt what you are saying.

1) The town you come from has a very strong Spanish influence. Many people from your ancestor's town are white. So you are not that unique down there. When you go there you must realize that many people look like you, how come they don’t accept you?

2) Do you think you are the only descendant of Mexicans that is white? Most of my friends in Mexico are white. Are they accepted in Mexico? Of course, they are Mexicans!!! Their families have been in Mexico for centuries and can't even trace their roots to other countries.

3) Mexicans are considered among the most social-family oriented people in the world. I hardly see a Mexican rejecting another Mexican just because he is white.

4) There’s still racism going on in Mexico. If you are white, people tend to think you come from a higher social status and consequently respect you a lot or try to make friends with you. So your European appearance is supposed to work in your favor, especially, if you are a Spanish native speaker.

I must admit that people from small towns have a harder time developing friendships with someone from out of town. Also people from one social status tend to be friends only with people from the same social status. However, this happens in most countries and you should be aware of that.

#55532 - 03/10/05 02:13 PM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Capitalino, I was born in Madrid. Both my parents were born in Madrid, and three of my four grandparents were born in Madrid. If that is what someone needs so you respect his opinion regarding inmigration.

Of course there is a link between inmigration and crime. If someone leaves his country for another in such a poor condition there is a higher probability he needs to commit a crime to survive. Also, if you were born in a place were crime is high you are probably more willing to commit crimes.

But that doesn't mean that an inmigrant is automaticly a criminal. As I've said there are hundreds of thousands equatorians in Madrid and only a very small percentage are involved in crimes or are part of mafias.

Excuses for writting off-topic.

Fernando

#55533 - 03/10/05 05:06 PM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Capitalino Offline

Loc: Madrid
did I say an immigrant is AUTOMATICALLY a criminal? Perhaps I might need glasses but I think I can read what I wrote.

A small percentage? Do you have a government source for this? Because according to the government, more than half of the prison population is foreign.

#55534 - 03/10/05 05:14 PM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
miche_dup1 Offline

YOu know what, Capitalino, its just dawned on me. YOu are allowed to say that all Latin Americans are putas if they are not criminals. (spain v colombia)(ok by MM even though it is name calling).
Of course since you are stating a "fact" you are not racist. Of course Spanish prostitution doesn't or ever has existed. Neither is there such a thing as a Spanish thief or Spanish criminality.
hmm, and Mexicans are ok because they are of white/Spanish ancestory and so are incapable of not being "wonderful people" because of it. Let me rephrase that: Spaniards and direct descendants are of better breeding and incapable of commiting crime".

Congratulations, its ok by MM, so you're ok.

I personally, (of immigrant parents, who by the way are not criminals), should, I suppose be offended, but funnily enough, I'm not. You just seem a hateful phobic person to everything.

#55535 - 03/10/05 05:33 PM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
jabch Offline

With all due respect to Capitalino, I was surprised to see that MM didn't edit Capitalino's comment about Colombian women. I found it really offensive. Otherwise, people should be free to express their views.

#55536 - 03/10/05 08:11 PM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
jabcha wrote:
Quote:
I was surprised to see that MM didn't edit Capitalino's comment about Colombian women.
I've gone through Capitalino's comments and I've yet to find the one where he mentions Colombian women. Regardless, this topic is too hot. Time to get out of the kitchen. Topic Closed.

I must also say that Capitolino is creating quite a reputation for himself here - and not a good one, I might add. Please be careful around here, Capitolino. This is NOT a place where "anything goes" and I do believe in censorship to a certain extent. We've had your kind around here before SO WATCH IT. Consider yourself warned.

VERY Sincerely, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments