Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5551 - 04/07/03 01:31 PM Cheap hostals in madrid!
jesus Offline

Loc: Spain
Hi there!

We´re planning to spend a few days in Madrid at the beginning of Mai. Because we´re on a tight budget, we wonder if any of you have been recently in an hostal for under €30,--/day per double room.

Any tips appreciated!

Saludos,

Jesus

#5552 - 04/07/03 04:33 PM Re: Cheap hostals in madrid!
ABP Offline

Loc: MADRID
On Friday ,Saturday and sunday the most of good hotels in Madrid (3/4 stars ) have a lot of offers.
Intend with travel agency of Madrid and ask them for the week end offers or on line with the hotels.

ABP

#5553 - 04/08/03 03:29 AM Re: Cheap hostals in madrid!
jesus Offline

Hi ABP!

I´ve never been really travelling in Spain and therefor hardly have any personal experience (I just moved here a couple of weeks ago). But I always thought 3/4 star hotels aren´t in the range of € 30-- to 40,-- per night in a double room?

Nonetheless, I will shop around the next few days and see which weekend offers are available!!!

Jesus

#5554 - 04/08/03 06:19 PM Re: Cheap hostals in madrid!
ABP Offline

Loc: MADRID
Jesus, April (Semana Santa week) and May (San Isidro bullfights) are bad times for finding good
hotels offers in Madrid.
The best time are from June to September , you can find a weekend (saturday and sunday) hotels for euros 75 double room( for total /two nights) in 3/4 stars hotels.
The best for your money is stay in Madrid the weekend(saturday/sunday mornings and nights are great) and to go Toledo,Segovia,Salamanca,Caceres
etc on working days.

The 3/4 stars hotels in Spain are very good and usually they include the breakfast.Don´t worry about the location ,Madrid has a good metro red.

Luck
ABP

#5555 - 04/09/03 11:47 AM Re: Cheap hostals in madrid!
jesus Offline

Unfortunately, there´s no chance to change the date as my girlfriend is stopping over on her flight home to Frankfurt...

But maybe I´m lucky to find something. We´ll be in Madrid from May, 1st to 5th!

Thanks anyway!

Jesus

#5556 - 04/10/03 03:19 AM Re: Cheap hostals in madrid!
miche_dup1 Offline

I stayed at Hostel Excelsior, 2nd floor Gran Via and it was right near the corte Ingles store and fnac, the metro and 5 min from Puerta del sol.
It's simple I warn you but everything works well, ie shower, lift etc and the desk staff are nice.
Oh, and it's in the price range you require.
I think the location is excellent.

#5557 - 04/10/03 03:31 AM Re: Cheap hostals in madrid!
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Hey miche!

I was just going to suggest Hostal Excelsior cool

It's certainly very good value for money. The place looks a little kind of old and shabby, but it was very clean and as miche says it has everything you need. It also has a sitting room for guests.

I think a double room with bathroom (full sized bath) is about 35 Euros. But they also have rooms with shared bathrooms which will obviously be less.

You can't get much more convenient than this.

Oh, and even though it's halfway up (down?) Gran Via, we heard no noise did we? Well, other than the glup glup of Larios wink but that was self inflicted cool

Good luck Jesus

Jo

#5558 - 04/10/03 03:47 AM Re: Cheap hostals in madrid!
miche_dup1 Offline

There's also internet cafes to the left,right and opposite, McDonalds to the right ( which Jo-Anne saved me from wink and they serve Mahou laugh
As for the Larios,...erghmm, well we swiped the whole stock of a shelf from a huge supermarket in Alcala de Henares, lugged it back to Madrid and glup glup glup with room temp Tonic water, but hey anything tastes good in Madrid...
Have fun!!!!

#5559 - 04/10/03 04:15 AM Re: Cheap hostals in madrid!
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Jesus

Just found this review which includes address and tel. no etc of Excelsior.

It didn't feel as much of a backpackers place to me as is implied in the review.

EUROCHEAPO REVIEW OF HOSTAL EXCELSIOR

By the way, I was happy with the one bottle of Larios but, no, we had to have an enormous stash and miche had to carry at least one bottle round with her everywhere we went, hoping to find a nice bit of park to glup it in wink

The internet cafes were great places for me to learn my Spanish ... 'Por favour ..... (points to pen ..?)...' etc. I did get better as the days went by though rolleyes

Jo

#5560 - 04/10/03 08:36 AM Re: Cheap hostals in madrid!
jesus Offline

Thank to all of you!

This seems to be a very well working forum . . . happy to have stumbled across this site!

By the way, what is "larios"?

Jesus

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments