Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#55489 - 01/22/05 01:27 AM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
Dessert Dweller that is not what I have said I never said I do not want them to "pollute" Spain I said I don't want massive immigration into Spain from Latin America and Africa keyword massive I do not view controlled immigration or the immigrants as "pollution" I don't understand your annalogy with Hitler. Every political view has overlaps I may have some overlaps with some of Hitlers ideals but not his idea of a "perfect" Arayn race and extermination of Jews and obsesion with RACE not culture. Almost every political view overlaps with others George Bush has elements of fascism in his politics does that make him a fascist none sense. We shouldn't confuse tolerance with being stupid and letting millions of immigrants into a country come on. Oh and just make things clear I don't have a problem with an African "importing" his culture to Spain but I do have a problem with 600,000 immigrants arriving yearly to Spain understood?

#55490 - 01/22/05 04:01 AM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Bricamb Offline

Loc: Cambridge UK
Every country has some sort of immigration control and it's easy to see why this is necessary. But both Europe and I believe the U.S. need immigration basically to keep economies growing and also to shore up their pension and social security systems. Here in the UK, immigrants have made a very positive contribution. They tend to be extremely hardworking and place a lot of emphasis on education. I think the country is richer both culturally and economically because of them.

#55491 - 01/22/05 10:45 AM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Quintos:The original purpose of this thread was Mexico Vs. Spain. Some how immigration has worked it's way into the posts. Had the original Americans known what is known today about immigration, the Europeans never would have been allowed to enter and take the land that is now known as the United States. I can assure you that in the late 1500 and well into the middle 1600s my ancestors had the numeric advantage. By the late 1600s the Europeans had both the numeric advantage and the fire power advantage.

Let us say for instance that the US had an anti immigration policy against Spain.You have stated before that you have been here for ten years now. You have had the use of American schools, and other benefits of being in the USA. You obivously enjoy the benefit of the 1st Amendmendment to the US Constitution. Would you have wanted to have been denied the entry to the US? By now, after ten years here, have you become a naturalized citizen? Being in this country leagally, and haveing obtained the age of 18,have signed up with the Selective Service? There is more to being an immigrant than showing up at the border and saying "here I am, where is the red carpet?" If you limit one, you have to limit all. Nobody is free, until everyone is free. The same goes for the Spanish borders.

As far as your Anti-Semantic feelings are concerned, you have allowed that to leak into other posts on other threads.

I for one did not appreciate you saying GWB has facist ways. However, as has already been pointed out, under the 1st amendmendment to the US Constitution you do have the right to say it. I may not agree with what you say, Quintos, but if need be, I am prepared to lay down my life to maintain your right to say it.

I wish you well young man. Maybe some day the whole world can enjoy the freedom that you have had for the past ten years. Just remember: A coward dies many deaths, a brave man dies only once.

#55492 - 01/22/05 02:50 PM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Quintos233 Offline

Quote:
for one did not appreciate you saying GWB has facist ways.
GWB is a religious man and supports a strong military he has elements of fascism.

#55493 - 01/22/05 07:37 PM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Quintos: Gimme a break. :p

#55494 - 01/22/05 11:16 PM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
My own experience was years ago, but at one point I lived in Mexico, DF, for an extended time, living completely in the local scene, and I got flak non-stop for: A) being a yankee; B) having a non-indian appearance, and; C) having spanish relatives and speaking with a 'spanish' accent. Forget it. My head still spins at the thought of the extreme lengths people went to to gain my confidence, only to take advantage of me to the fullest. It was like being 'Uncle Tom-ed' in spanish.
The good thing about the experiecne was that it was a real eye opener for me, as it was my first experience seeing how my country is viewed abroad, and I saw the history of my country from a very interesting perspective.
Yes, it all depends on the individual, but generally mexicans call all spaniards gallegos and have generally negative feelings towards them, which they are not reluctant to act on.
I went to Mexico a couple of years ago for a week, and I was amazed to hear the radio stations regularly broadcast a public service announcement issued by the gov exhorting people to cross the border to take advantage ot the system in the US, calling it a duty and a right of all things, as a way to eventually take back the south west!

#55495 - 01/29/05 12:11 AM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Emilio J Offline

Loc: Valencia
GuiaGuiri, that's interesting and I didn't knew that.

I have some Spanish relatives that live in Mexico DF since they were almost children, decades ago. Their accent is mixed, but much more Mexican that Spanish (maybe mexicans notice more the Spanish dregs in their accent). Their look is obviously not indian. They never made any comment about this mexican attitudes towards spaniards, but I guess they just didn't want to speak about it or maybe they're so adapted to Mexico that they don't notice this attitude. I don't know, because I met them in Spain and I've never been in Mexico.

They do speak a lot about crime (one of them always carry a gun with him to protect his family and himself, what is almost unbelievable seen from Spain, at least it is for me). Do you think that their everyday life may become more dangerous because of they're white and/or they are from Spain?

I always thought that, of course, that could be an anti-Spanish feeling in Mexico for historical reasons, but I also thought it was limited to political matters, and that it was not spreading to everyday relationships. And, apart of my Spanish relatives, I've never met someone who has been in Mexico.

#55496 - 01/29/05 12:23 AM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Quintos233 Offline

Quote:
Their look is obviously not indian. They never made any comment about this mexican attitudes towards spaniards, but I guess they just didn't want to speak about it or maybe they're so adapted to Mexico that they don't notice this attitude. I don't know, because I met them in Spain and I've never been in Mexico.
Many all a clear minority of "Mexicans" don't have an indian look.

#55497 - 01/29/05 12:48 PM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Okay,

That's the modern definition of "fascism". Someone who's religious and believes in a strong military. That's why all you libs consider President Bush a fascist? laugh Now that's revisionist history done to the absurd. rolleyes

#55498 - 01/30/05 11:02 PM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Quintos233 Offline

gazpachoa what I say is true Bush does have elements of fascism but he is a total reject of a president and he is very ignorant.

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments