Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#55313 - 12/01/04 12:22 AM Re: Racism in Madrid?
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
Quote:
to ask a personal question, not out of disrespect but out of curiousity. [Confused]
you wrote that you are from spain(im from Madrid born their)bugt yet you live in the U.S.(southern california) What if not the search for a better life prompted you to move? Every person who is not rich leaves their country of origin for one of these two reasons: to search for a better life and/or to make a better livin.
Im not sure wether im against all immigration I can tell you that im 100% sure that im against massive uncontrolled immigration the answer is really quite simple ive stated on this forum that I understand why immigrants want to immigrate I understand that their countries are the pits of hell thats why we have to work with them to make their a country better because if they come to ours they will turn into the pit of hell which he is he is trying to get away from.Refer to my post above it pretty much explains the problem. As for me moving into the USA im one Spaniard actually Spaniard mixed with an Anglo Saxon back ground.
The amount of Spaniards immigrating from Spain is not a problem for the US their are much more Mexicans yes both might be immigration for a better life but then again I might be one out of a thousand while a Mexican is one out of millions which on is the REAL problem here this isnt rocket science. So if we sympathies with every one that wants a better life their are billions of people in China that want a better life free of communism does that mean Europe sould accept billions of chinese the answer sould be pretty obvious this is all just common sense and logic. Im not against small scale immigration im against massive aggresive immigration which threatens our heritage,culture and well being.

#55314 - 12/01/04 04:56 PM Re: Racism in Madrid?
ninas Offline

Loc: Boston,Massachusetts U.S.A
Quote:
Im not against small scale immigration im against massive aggresive immigration which threatens our heritage,culture and well being.
Igancio, i agree with you there because in reality if there is a massive agressive immigration not only are the people living in the country losing their heritage but also the people who are migrating lose their culture because they are adapting to a differant society and their ways of doing things, so in essance if we look at the big picture, the future children of the immigrants that are currently living in spain will be "SPANIARDS" and will have the same habits and customs that that the children of full blood spaniards allready have, so SPAIN as we know it will continue. laugh

#55315 - 12/02/04 02:16 AM Re: Racism in Madrid?
Quintos233 Offline

Quote:
Igancio, i agree with you there because in reality if there is a massive agressive immigration not only are the people living in the country losing their heritage but also the people who are migrating lose their culture because they are adapting to a differant society and their ways of doing things, so in essance if we look at the big picture, the future children of the immigrants that are currently living in spain will be "SPANIARDS" and will have the same habits and customs that that the children of full blood spaniards allready have, so SPAIN as we know it will continue.
Im guessing you are responding to me and not Ignacio since you quoted my previous post. Not all immigrants integrate many cling unto their old culture, language and traditions this is currently displayed in the US where English men and other Europeans did not become Amerindian culturally even though immigrated to an area where their was only Amerindians. This is also displayed in Spain were muslims do not become Catholic but rather remain muslim and continue to build Mosques such as the one that is currently built in Madrid to deny that the immigrants will not change the make up of Spain is to deny reality countries are greatly influenced by immigration and it does many things to change for better and for worse but mainly of course for worse. You say that the immigrants will become Spanish well then if Spains keep on admiting 600,000 a year immigrants their will always be immigrants that consider themselves nonSpanish. Also the immigrants will have a different blood line not Spanish at all but Arab,Asian,Amerindian,and black which is not very Spanish at all. Can I be Japanese even though im not Asian? At this point I dont think I understand history politics and generally what means to be European to start debating the ethnic identity with a country do not feel like becoming the Madrileno racista on this board so I can really comment on wether or not a African can be Spanish he most definetly can become Spanish culturally but ethnically? confused Beyond me mabey after mixing with the Spanish population the Arabs,Asians,Blacks can claim to be ethnic and natives of Spain...

#55316 - 12/02/04 05:24 PM Re: Racism in Madrid?
ninas Offline

Quintos.... I am very sorry for mixing up your name confused You make very good points but when you said that
........."Beyond me mabey after mixing with the Spanish population the Arabs,Asians,Blacks can claim to be ethnic and natives of Spain"...

I don't agree with you there because if they were born in that country and feel apart of its' culture,that gives them the right to claim to be a native of spain... maybe not their bloodline but they were born there.In reality every latino is a decendant of spain as every black person is a decedant of Afica and every Asian person a decendant of Asia even though they were born somewhere else, that is if we're talking about bloodlines.Now I have a question for you...
what do you say about the "native spaniard" who moves out of Spain to a differant country,marries a woman there, has kids and then their children want to return to thier father's country of origin,Does that make them an immigrant even though they are directly half spanish?

#55317 - 12/03/04 01:34 AM Re: Racism in Madrid?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
.In reality every latino is a decendant of spain
Nina, that depends on wether he has spanish blood. By their looks, many latinos (which is a wrong name, because latinos are part of the italians, in truth) don't, and others have a drop of blood. No that the latter are not descendants, but these mainly are descendant of native american races.

#55318 - 12/03/04 02:42 PM Re: Racism in Madrid?
Panthercw Offline

Loc: Madrid
Whoa. Never really expected all this just from one little posting. I have lived all over the world, from New Zealand, England, Costa Rica and the list goes on. I even taught English in Latvia. Now talk about staring! Either way, the fact that the issue of Racism was discussed by actually Spaniards made me feel better that there are other people other than my students who are really nice and open-minded here in Madrid. Now if I can just meet them and chill with them on the weekends! Thanks everyone.

#55319 - 12/03/04 04:50 PM Re: Racism in Madrid?
ninas Offline

You see Ignacio.. people learn something new every day! laugh

-------------------------------------------------LIFE IS LIKE A BOX OF CHOCALATES,YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOUR GOING TO GET.....

#55320 - 12/08/04 02:51 AM Re: Racism in Madrid?
Quintos233 Offline

Quote:
Nina, that depends on wether he has spanish blood. By their looks, many latinos (which is a wrong name, because latinos are part of the italians, in truth) don't, and others have a drop of blood. No that the latter are not descendants, but these mainly are descendant of native american races.
Actually Ignacio Spanish influence in Mexico,central and South America is usually alot greater in an ethnic and cultural sense then the media likes to potray. Their is still a pretty strong white Spanish presence in Mexico the Criollo elite also in many South American countries their is a large European population but not always of Spanish extraction. Mexico has more Spanish influence then most Mexicans like to admit and they often have more then a droop of Spanish blood in them although about 95% of them it is obviously pretty lowly but one only need wach Mexican media or movies to see that they don't display amerindians on it. I already knew that Latino meant a resident of Rome or Italy the term "latino" is dereived from the languge of latin a bases for many European languages including Spanish. The US uses the word "latino" as an umbrella term for all people who speak Spanish regardless of race culture or traditions.

#55321 - 12/08/04 03:47 PM Re: Racism in Madrid?
ninas Offline

I apologize if I made a mistake in calling the decendants of spain after many generations in another country ,latinos , maybe the correct term is hispanic? Anyway the reason that I was saying that Spain has many decendants in many countries is because for example I know for certain that I am of spanish decent and not of indian....when the spanish conquered the island of Hispaniola, the majority of the Taino Indians were killed off and the rest died of disease and famine. The indians that were living there at the time, were completly eradicated. So now the island is made up of the decendants of spain mixed with the decendants of africa.Which in my opinion is an interesting mix.

#55322 - 12/08/04 04:12 PM Re: Racism in Madrid?
Quintos233 Offline

Quote:
I apologize if I made a mistake in calling the decendants of spain after many generations in another country ,latinos , maybe the correct term is hispanic?
Hispanic sould be fastened to people of Spanish of extraction just as Anglo Saxon is fastened to people of British descent.

Quote:
Anyway the reason that I was saying that Spain has many decendants in many countries is because for example I know for certain that I am of spanish decent and not of indian....when the spanish conquered the island of Hispaniola, the majority of the Taino Indians were killed off and the rest died of disease and famine. The indians that were living there at the time, were completly eradicated. So now the island is made up of the decendants of spain mixed with the decendants of africa.Which in my opinion is an interesting mix.
Their was alot of mixing in the Americas when Spain colonized it.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1924 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments