Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#55202 - 11/06/04 08:31 PM December Weather in Barcelona, Madrid, Seville and Ibiza
TaraENYC Offline

Loc: New York City
My friend and I will be in Barcelona, Madrid, Seville and Ibiza (maybe) at the end of December. She thinks its going to be quite warm, I think it will be colder. Can someone confirm what the weather will most probably be like in these different areas in that timeframe.

Also, is there any point in going to the islands during this time or will they be dead?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Tara

#55203 - 11/07/04 09:02 PM Re: December Weather in Barcelona, Madrid, Seville and Ibiza
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
I too will be there at about the same time--3 weeks in Madrid studying Spanish and one week in Barcelona being a tourist---November 21 through December 18. I've been checking the local weather on www.cnn.com and get the impression that Madrid is somewhat colder than New York City where I live.

#55204 - 11/07/04 09:24 PM Re: December Weather in Barcelona, Madrid, Seville and Ibiza
ebetancourt Offline

Loc: Tennessee
Try www.wunderground.com. Type in the city you are interested in, for example "Sevilla" and look around for the "travel" link. Enter your travel days and get the last seven (I think) years' history.

ernie

#55205 - 11/15/04 04:59 PM Re: December Weather in Barcelona, Madrid, Seville and Ibiza
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
No, Madrid isn't colder than NYC, but it can get close and it's generally pretty chilly in December. It can also rain quite a bit (sometimes snow), but that's sort of a year-to-year thing. I don't live in Barcelona, but I imagine it's similar, perhaps a little milder because it's on the water. Ibiza is a better bet but it's been known to snow there too. Typically unpredictable weather. Seville is overall the warmest. The best is to check with the weather sites like weatherchannel.com as your arrival dates approach. Good luck

#55206 - 11/17/04 08:01 PM Re: December Weather in Barcelona, Madrid, Seville and Ibiza
sakemph Offline

Loc: Geneva, New York
How is the weather in February in Madrid and Barcelona? My daughter and I are scheduled to travel to Spain over February break.

#55207 - 11/18/04 03:09 PM Re: December Weather in Barcelona, Madrid, Seville and Ibiza
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
You can get just about anything in Madrid in February. But it won't be worse than Geneva, NY, trust me. Nighttime temps can dip below freezing, but if you get a string of good weather, it might be in the 60s during the day. More like is 40s and 50s. Check internet weather in the days previous to your arrival.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2240 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments