MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#5520 - 06/23/03 10:41 PM Re: Warning: Fraud and Hostelworld
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Wow I REALLY cant believe that almost 3 months later Im back to drag this topic out yet again mad . Today I received an email (again!) from hostelworld.com once again regarding this booking I made back last semester for Semana Santa in Sevilla (see my first post). Well like I said we ended up paying up and going anyways, had a great time and the hotel was wonderful. HOWEVER, now they have emailed me saying that, they will NOW charge my credit card this month for an additional 20% of the booking price which due to a "system error" was not charged OR included in either of my quoted prices previously.

I emailed them back asking for an explanation (which im sure i wont get). I cant believe this is happening again, and Iv really learned my lesson and will never use hostelworld or any other "middleman" booking agency ever again!!! mad Anybody have ideas on on what more I can do, or had problems with this before??

Kelly

#5521 - 06/23/03 10:53 PM Re: Warning: Fraud and Hostelworld
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
kelar419, have you seen the long thread on the EuroTrip.com message board entitled, " Is hostelworld.com reliable? " ? There are differing experiences with the posters in that thread.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5522 - 06/24/03 12:53 AM Re: Warning: Fraud and Hostelworld
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Kelar 419-Use the credit card company's process to dispute the extra charges. They can't just add charges to the amount you authorized with your signature.

I had a similar situation with a hotel in Paris and in the end it was credited.

#5523 - 06/24/03 07:34 PM Re: Warning: Fraud and Hostelworld
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Thanks for the idea Mongo, I will for sure look into it this week. Apparently I am not the only one to have received this email, some of my friends who were also abroad last semester and booked through hostelworld have received similar notices rolleyes .

#5524 - 07/02/03 03:58 PM Re: Warning: Fraud and Hostelworld
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Here I am posting again, unbelievable. Ok, well the charge did post to my credit card. I emailed hostelworld asking for more information on the charge and I have found out....

-The email actually came from booking@hotels-book.net, however it stated hostelworld was responsible for the charge.
-The email was signed JOSE LUIS VEQUIN
-Hostelworld replied to me stating that they are in no way affiliated with booking@hotels-book.net. In addition, Jose Luis worked for them and Hotel Acor in Sevilla for a brief period of time but is no longer associated with either co.
-They told me that they had not made the charge and no charge should have been made.However, they believe this man stole numerous credit card numbers and is charging them illegally, under booking@hotels-book.net.
-I called my credit card company, cancelled my card, and the company will take it from there.

I just wanted to put the info out there in case anyone else receives an email from this man. Cancel your card immediately. I was only charged once, for around 100 dollars. However, others have been charged multiple times for higher amounts mad mad mad
Kelly

#5525 - 07/02/03 04:01 PM Re: Warning: Fraud and Hostelworld
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Here I am posting again, unbelievable. Ok, well the charge did post to my credit card. I emailed hostelworld asking for more information on the charge. In the meantime I have found out....

-The email actually came from booking@hotels-book.net, however it stated hostelworld was responsible for the charge.
-The email was signed JOSE LUIS VEQUIN
-Hostelworld replied to me stating that they are in no way affiliated with booking@hotels-book.net. In addition, Jose Luis worked for them and Hotel Acor in Sevilla for a brief period of time but is no longer associated with either co.
-They told me that they had not made the charge and no charge should have been made.However, they believe this man stole numerous credit card numbers and is charging them illegally, under booking@hotels-book.net.
-I called my credit card company, cancelled my card, and the company will take it from there.

I just wanted to put the info out there in case anyone else receives an email from this man. Cancel your card immediately. I was only charged once, for around 100 dollars. However, others have been charged multiple times for higher amounts mad mad mad
Kelly

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1584 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments