MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#55136 - 10/20/04 01:57 PM Re: Blondes in Madrid
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Actually, I think they are all pretty good looking fellows, and it is not because I am half
Asturian, but I believe that Astuarian men happen to be on the whole, better looking. laugh

Thanks Cristobo to the link, I have not heard their music, now I will have to look them up.

Carmen

#55137 - 10/21/04 02:06 AM Re: Blondes in Madrid
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Ignacio quote: "Is there a handsome one? I have to take a look again."

I was thinking the same thing! laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Although I must say that my aunt is from Asturias and she is rather pretty! wink

#55138 - 10/21/04 03:17 AM Re: Blondes in Madrid
Cristobo Carrín Offline

Loc: Asturias
Well, this is a touchy question, but let me tell you one thing, Ignacio...
You Euskaldunak may boast many things, but really you are not the most beautiful people in the world!! Look at Javier Gurruchaga! wink

#55139 - 10/21/04 07:07 AM Re: Blondes in Madrid
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sadly true. laugh

#55140 - 10/23/04 01:59 AM Re: Blondes in Madrid
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
Those are some nice looking chaps. Any way I would like to state that their are no pure blooded Basques nearly all of them have attained indo-European admixture and the Basques are left overs from old europeans they were darker then the indo-Europeans so now Ignacio you know why some of your family has blue eyes and frecklish skin its because they have attained blood from North India the indo-Europeans that why Basque isnt a indo-European language because the original Basques were an ancient old Europeans and have retained for the most part some of their heritage and of course their none indo-European langauge. wink

#55141 - 10/23/04 05:36 AM Re: Blondes in Madrid
Anonymous
Unregistered

I couldnt follow the links.

However, the basques were originally seven tribes, linked more by cultural ties than by blood's. There were the vascones, the autrigones, the eúscaros, and others.

It's not surprising, so, that, although the vizcaya basques we have darker hair, the ones I saw from guipuzcoa have lighter or blonde in a higher proportion, but I don't know so many of the latter.

Anyway, tere have been plent of migrations, like half of the city of Pamplona-Iruña was french population that came through the Camino de Santiago, hence the name "Barrio Francés". Anyway, I think they called French any foreigner who entered the area from France, so it could be any other european origin.

They crossed and settled in Guipúzcoa too, merging with locals and adopting the language. That's why you find surmames with latin (or other) roots, and basque suffixes.

As for Vizcaya, it's difficult to say because we have a 50% inmigration from Castilla, Galicia and Andalucía in this order, so it's difficult to say if we were originally dark haired or not.

The basques origin is not yet identified. So, saying they were indoeuropeans or not, is just speculate. And I don't believe we're darker re skin, never notice any difference with other norhern.

Anyway, about my family, I am not a pure blood, haha. I have also the northern castilian celtic-iberian mix you probably have. smile

#55142 - 10/23/04 04:17 PM Re: Blondes in Madrid
Quintos233 Offline

Quote:

The basques origin is not yet identified. So, saying they were indoeuropeans or not, is just speculate. And I don't believe we're darker re skin, never notice any difference with other norhern.
I believe that the original inhabitants of the med. regions Italy,North Africa,Spain etc. as well as Europe used to be inhabitated by old Europeans that eventually mixed with the indo Europeans that originated from the caucasus mountains/India. It also should be said that Francem,Spain,Italy,and other certain regions of Europe had a more heavy population of old Europeans then other regions such as Sweden. wink That could (mabey) explain why the Basques have been tied to their home land for such a long time and their language hasnt been linked to any other and doesnt appear to have an indo-European core.

#55143 - 10/24/04 03:37 PM Re: Blondes in Madrid
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Quintos quote: "Those are some nice looking chaps."

Ok...Im not the most handsome guy around but Quintos...those guys are definately NOT some nice looking chaps!

#55144 - 10/24/04 07:00 PM Re: Blondes in Madrid
Quintos233 Offline

Well the guy in the very back is questionable the rest dont appear to have any serious abnormalities.

#55145 - 10/25/04 03:05 PM Re: Blondes in Madrid
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
I'm going to have to agree with Oso Major on this one. I mean, if we're gonna put these fellas up on the block,lets be honest. I'm a married man, and am no expert in judging other men (that was my disclaimer) but if these guys went to a singles bar, it would be a long night.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments