#54873 - 07/11/04 05:49 AM Re: Ladies of Spain
englishrose Offline

Loc: England
What a very interesting thread this is !!! laugh wink

#54874 - 07/11/04 09:23 AM Re: Ladies of Spain
Spaniard Offline

Loc: Valencia
Quote:
Mala leche is an idiom used in Spain to denote an embittered person and extends to an embittered situation. I prefer to use the more dramatic "Amargado/o" as in ¡Ella es una amargada! In Spain, one would say " Ella tiene mala leche."
"mala leche" means exactly "bad mood"("enfadado", angry, even violent) and also "bad intention".

Of course, you can also use it as "bitter" ("amargado"), but the two other meanings are more usual and precise in Spain.

Another unusual (but correct) use is "mala leche" as "bad luck", even it's more usual in other countries like Argentina, Uruguay, etc.you can use it in Spain, something like "¡qué mala leche!" (literally, "what a bad luck!")

#54875 - 07/11/04 11:36 AM Re: Ladies of Spain
Don Dela Vega Offline

Loc: England - Buckinghamshire
thanks guys, some Im gonna try to spain soon. where are the hot babes gonna be situated so i know where to go? i know marbella is a no no cuz that is where the english mafia go.

#54876 - 07/11/04 03:14 PM Re: Ladies of Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
If you're going to Spain soon, the "Hot Babes" will be staying cool at the evening outdoor terrazas having drinks with friends. Good luck!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#54877 - 08/19/04 08:24 PM Re: Ladies of Spain
Shiquilla Offline

Loc: Madrid
Maybe, it’s a little late for this thread, you might come and go back, but, just in case it helps…
I’m from Spain, and had been in a relationship with a black guy for some time. I was living in Boston at that time, but my family and friends knew about it and there wasn’t any problem, whatsoever.
I don’t know where the Spanish20, 21 or whatever lives to miss the new population in Spain...
Don Dela Vega, regarding your question…came over and find for yourself. I think it will depend on who do you meet.

I forgot to say that I’m lucky too (like pim), neither my friends nor I play, what anitayole call, the “deporte nacional”.
As “mala leche”... well I believe we have a strong character, but how it goes? dogs that bark don’t bite?

#54878 - 08/19/04 11:34 PM Re: Ladies of Spain
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California

#54879 - 08/20/04 04:55 AM Re: Ladies of Spain
Anonymous
Unregistered

DonDeLaVega:

As for the "hot chicks", I couldn't tell, but if you come to know any place, please tell me. laugh It's extremely difficult to find girls ready for "one night" stands around here, and where you find them, obviously being so few, only some priviledged guys can access them.

That's probably the only thing in the world I envy from the USA.

#54880 - 08/20/04 05:04 AM Re: Ladies of Spain
Shiquilla Offline

Ignacio,
I believe Don Dela Vega means “hot chicks” as good looking, not “hot” as in ready to go. Anyway, I think now a days it’s more easy to find women looking for a one night stand laugh (I’m not talking for myself!!!!).
Don Dela Vega, pleaseeeee, keep us update about your visit to Madrid!!!! wink

#54881 - 08/20/04 05:12 AM Re: Ladies of Spain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shiquilla: jugding by this very thread and the previous one by DDLV, I believe he does refer to that. But of course I could be wrong. wink

It' obvious that today it's easier than in the past. If today a, lets say a 2 or a 4% of the single females are for it, that's a hundred more times than back twenty years ago, when it could be 0,02 or 0,04%, but it is still very few (IMHO). smile

And part of the problem is that:

Quote:
I think now a days it’s more easy to find women looking for a one night stand (I’m not talking for myself!!!!).
Nobody talks for herself in taht matter, because very very few could, I am beginning to think that these girls are a myth here. laugh

#54882 - 08/20/04 05:28 AM Re: Ladies of Spain
Shiquilla Offline

I’m new here... I guess I went for the “hot chicks” meaning I’m more familiar with…
Anyway, you know what they say “haberlas, haylas”… laugh

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments