Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#54830 - 06/10/04 02:45 PM Dehesa de la Villa, Madrid
00chris Offline

I'm a college student that is planning a trip to Madrid for a semester to study. The program I'm looking at is affiliated with a university in Dehesa de la Villa. Can anyone tell me what this area of Madrid is like? What "zone" of madrid is it in?

Since I'm a student and won't be able to drive in Spain, my biggest concern is public transportation, eg. where's the nearest metro station, are busses/taxis easy to come by in this section of Madrid, etc. Thanks a lot for all your help!

#54831 - 06/10/04 04:03 PM Re: Dehesa de la Villa, Madrid
Anonymous
Unregistered

I live very close to Dehesa de la Villa. It's an area neither old nor very new, safe,not far from well known Glorieta de Cuatro Caminos Circle.

It takes its name from a big park that's in the area (a 'Dehesa').

The closer metro stations probably are Metropolitano or Francos Rodriguez. It´s not far from the Campus (Autonoma?) and around the campus there is a lot of universitary environment.

You can see the metro map here:

Map and you can see it's within what's considered downtown (within M30 highway), and it's north-west.

Go west! laugh

#54832 - 06/11/04 02:38 AM Re: Dehesa de la Villa, Madrid
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
Universidad Antonio de Nebrija, maybe?
It's right beside the park, a lovely zone, quiet, residential and nice.
I use to enjoy sundays there with my family, a great place for a stroll.
Ignacio is right, Metropolitano (line 6) and Francos Rodríguez (line 7) are the nearest stations.

#54833 - 06/11/04 08:45 PM Re: Dehesa de la Villa, Madrid
00chris Offline

Thanks for your replies. Yes, it is la Universidad Antonio de Nebrija. Thanks again for the replies! What about busses/taxi's? I assume they're around as well, just as in any other spot in madrid.

#54834 - 06/11/04 11:05 PM Re: Dehesa de la Villa, Madrid
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe taht most people who doesn't use the car to go anywhere (I do), use underground, thus being bus transportation secondary. I don't know the bus lines vey well. I couldn't tell.

I believe there is no map of bus lines, although there used to be.

I just found this in the net, which is a relation of all the lines and itineraries, but I think it won't help you much. Anyway everybody goes by metro, it's cheap, faster and safe.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments