Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#54805 - 06/07/04 10:41 AM madrid in August: Too hot?
april29 Offline

Hi everybody, I want to visit Madrid the last 2 weeks of August. I've never been there in August so I'd like to know if this time of the year is really too hot to stand and maybe it's more healthy to go some other places in Spain :-) Thanx.

#54806 - 06/07/04 11:20 AM Re: madrid in August: Too hot?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I was there in late September last year and it was borderline too hot. The main reason I wouldn't go in August is because half the city is on vacation and everything is closed.

#54807 - 06/07/04 12:45 PM Re: madrid in August: Too hot?
april29 Offline

Thank you Mongo for your reply. I love Madrid very much and in France we had last year a terrible heat so if I survived that, I hope i'll be able to do it again, Madrid surely deserves it ! ! :-) As for the empty streets and closed stores, it's the same in big cities in France :-( so I am used to that. i hope I'll find someting to eat and drink, and especially icecream !!! Thanks again.

#54808 - 06/09/04 09:58 AM Re: madrid in August: Too hot?
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I think it's fun to be in Madrid no matter what time of the year, but I guess that's up to you. It is incredibly hot. I remember being in Toledo at the end of July and it was 112 degrees F.

I think if you can manage to stay inside for most of the afternoon you will be ok. I tried to spend long hours in museums or shopping somewhere during the day. Or, just take a siesta.

#54809 - 06/09/04 05:43 PM Re: madrid in August: Too hot?
funes Offline

Loc: chicago
Along similar lines, I'm wondering if Seville and Granada will be excessively warm in late September. I could head north of Madrid to Segovia and Salamanca instead, though I'm not sure they will vary much....

Thanks

#54810 - 06/09/04 08:52 PM Re: madrid in August: Too hot?
Anonymous
Unregistered

April,ive been there at that time and its HOT!

As long as your well prepared for the heat,youll be fine.
Hope this helps
Spike

#54811 - 06/10/04 07:06 AM Re: madrid in August: Too hot?
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Quote:
I'm wondering if Seville and Granada will be excessively warm in late September. I could head north of Madrid to Segovia and Salamanca instead, though I'm not sure they will vary much....
Seville can be hot (not extremely) in late September. Granada will probably be warm. Segovia and Salamanca are much colder than Seville, but in late September the weather should still be fine. In Spain, a hundred of miles can be a big difference weather-wise.

Anyway, there are hundreds of Websites where you can find average temperatures and decide by yourself. The perception of what's hot/cold varies very much from individuals. I feel good at 85º-90ºF, but probably a Brit would feel like being in hell just beside me. A nice Website of those is Weather Online

#54812 - 06/14/04 10:22 AM Re: madrid in August: Too hot?
april29 Offline

Thank you all for your warnings and advice, I hope I won't melt. I've also checked on different weather websites (US, french, spanish), and there is such a mess... they all give such incredible informations. On the OFFICIAL french and spanish weather website (both !), they say MAXIMUM RECORD in August in Madrid was 104 °F !!! No way !

#54813 - 06/14/04 10:44 AM Re: madrid in August: Too hot?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
[originally posted by april29 on 06-14-2004 10:17 AM]

Thank you all for your warnings and advice, I hope I won't melt. I've also checked on different weather websites (US, french, spanish), and there is such a mess... they all give such incredible informations. On the OFFICIAL french and spanish weather website (both !), they say MAXIMUM RECORD ever in August in Madrid was 104 °F !!! No way !

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#54814 - 06/14/04 10:45 AM Re: madrid in August: Too hot?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
104ºF sounds a little low to me. I would have guessed more like 110ºF to be the record high.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments