MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#54763 - 03/09/05 12:34 PM Re: spain vs colombia
richie Offline

Loc: barcelona
Capitoliano,
first of all, how is reporting events that have happened to me ignorant? saying i hate catalans for no reason would be, but i didn`t say that,I said that i had some unpleasant experiences here.

you were right about finanzas,but you overlooked something very ignorant about my wife`s fellow classmates (the spaniards). THEY USE ENGLISH WORDS TO EXPRESS THEMSELVES AND TELL HER THAT IS CORRECT SPANISH, do you get it yet? When she says "finanzas" they say "no, finance". Now tell me, where is the ignorance? This also happens to be one example of many. These students (relax, I`m not saying all spaniards, that would be ignorant) don`t even know their own language

"the Spanish your wife speaks is probably Colombian Spanish (and of course, it is teeming with "non-existent" words.)" -This sounds like an ignorant and stuck up spaniard to me.

" I am very good with languages, among other noticeable talents. " Wow, tooting your own horn quite nicely.

"Barcelona, like Madrid, suffers from illegal immigration and illegal immigrants who do nothing but steal and terrorise tourists and locals. " Wow! ignorance once again, and no, there`s no illegal SPANIARDS living in other countries doing things illegal, no!

Try reading my post once again and you will see that my wife was in work-study, which means she has been working with this girl for a while, also saying " ..what you have done with your hair", apparently my wife saw her hair previously so she wasn`t a stranger. By the way, what`s wrong with talking to strangers?

"Have you not realised by now that Barcelona is a CITY?" -Maybe you have heard of the outback town I grew up in called NEW YORK CITY.

"are you and your wife in Spain legally? If so, do you pay taxes? " Yes to legal and since I cannot work here legally, I have passed on TO A CATALAN a two-hundred thousand dollar filming contract from another group of foreigners. It won`t balance the budget but I think I`m contributing here in Spain, also my landlord is Catalan so he`s making out on me being here. To repeat: no, there`s no illegal SPANIARDS living in other countries doing things illegal, no!

"Stop hating the Spaniards...and I will now use an American phrase, but adapted: Spain, love it or leave it." - Never said I did, moron, because I don`t and quite frankly I think that phrase of loving or leaving it has quite ignorant roots. funny how Spain doesn`t see eye-to-eye with the US about a lot, rightly so I agree, and now here`s a spaniard using this phrase!

#54764 - 03/09/05 12:49 PM Re: spain vs colombia
jabch Offline

Capitalino:

Quote:
As to meat markets...you don't have to travel to Colombia for one...we have one right in the centre of Madrid with Colombian women.

And yes, discussing "country x versus y" is unproductive...but certainly entertaining...as the superiority of one over the other is self'evident.
Your first comment is very insulting and the second one really arrogant, why are you so upset?

#54765 - 03/09/05 12:54 PM Re: spain vs colombia
Capitalino Offline

Loc: Madrid
«Capitoliano,»

capITAlino...I know, it is so late at night that you overlooked a letter.

«first of all, how is reporting events that have happened to me ignorant? saying i hate catalans for no reason would be, but i didn`t say that,I said that i had some unpleasant experiences here.»

I did not say reporting events is ignorant...the implication was: some reporters are ignorant. See the difference?

«you were right about finanzas,but you overlooked something very ignorant about my wife`s fellow classmates (the spaniards). THEY USE ENGLISH WORDS TO EXPRESS THEMSELVES AND TELL HER THAT IS CORRECT SPANISH, do you get it yet? When she says "finanzas" they say "no, finance".»

Maybe they are making an effort to learn English...that's certainly a new development here in Spain. And no, you're not explaining yourself correctly.

«Now tell me, where is the ignorance?»

I'm not sure if ignorance hides in a specific place...I haven't met her yet...

«This also happens to be one example of many. These students (relax, I`m not saying all spaniards, that would be ignorant) don`t even know their own language.»

My guess is that we know our languages more than Americans know theirs.

«"the Spanish your wife speaks is probably Colombian Spanish (and of course, it is teeming with "non-existent" words.)" -This sounds like an ignorant and stuck up spaniard to me.»

Well if you think that the REAL ACADEMIA is ignorant and stuck up for not having Latin American spanish words...then what can I do about that? Here we all hold our own secrets and opinions...

«" I am very good with languages, among other noticeable talents. " Wow, tooting your own horn quite nicely.»

Amazing all the things I can do...tooting my own horn is one of those. (I had to look up "tooting your own horn" but now I understand)...I am perversely proud of my abilities.

«"Barcelona, like Madrid, suffers from illegal immigration and illegal immigrants who do nothing but steal and terrorise tourists and locals. " Wow! ignorance once again, and no, there`s no illegal SPANIARDS living in other countries doing things illegal, no!»

When you can name me more than 10 delinquent Spaniards in other countries, come back and talk to me. On the other hand, I can go to the police station and find hundreds of Colombian criminals who live here.

«Try reading my post once again and you will see that my wife was in work-study, which means she has been working with this girl for a while, also saying " ..what you have done with your hair", apparently my wife saw her hair previously so she wasn`t a stranger. By the way, what`s wrong with talking to strangers?»

Nothing wrong with talking to strangers...but don't expect everyone to smile.

«"Have you not realised by now that Barcelona is a CITY?" -Maybe you have heard of the outback town I grew up in called NEW YORK CITY.»

Indeed I have...and I lived in your city...and believe me, the people are the nastiest I have ever seen or met. It is outrageous that you speak of rudeness when the people of New York do not know the meaning of hospitality or manners.

«"are you and your wife in Spain legally? If so, do you pay taxes? " Yes to legal and since I cannot work here legally, I have passed on TO A CATALAN a two-hundred thousand dollar filming contract from another group of foreigners. It won`t balance the budget but I think I`m contributing here in Spain, also my landlord is Catalan so he`s making out on me being here. To repeat: no, there`s no illegal SPANIARDS living in other countries doing things illegal, no!»

When you can name those Spaniards, I will be more than happy to engage with you in a debate. And the question remains unanswered: is your wife here with papers? What do you mean by "work study?" I know you were probably here without papers, as I edited in my comment.

«Stop hating the Spaniards...and I will now use an American phrase, but adapted: Spain, love it or leave it." - Never said I did, moron, because I don`t and quite frankly I think that phrase of loving or leaving it has quite ignorant roots. funny how Spain doesn`t see eye-to-eye with the US about a lot, rightly so I agree, and now here`s a spaniard using this phrase!»

Spain and Spanish people are two different concepts...there are always "two spains"...and if you don't despise your life here, maybe you should stop protesting on a forum about Colombia versus Spain...like I said, you are free to leave the country.

And yes, Madrid is much better than Barcelona...we are everything and more.

JABCH:

On the contrary, I am very happy that I am so honest.

#54766 - 03/09/05 12:56 PM Re: spain vs colombia
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
It's useless, give up. He's not upset, just ignore his comments. Trust me, it's better that way.

#54767 - 03/09/05 12:59 PM Re: spain vs colombia
Capitalino Offline

yes sir, we will now all obey you...oh master of diplomacy and tolerance!

¡en el nombre de jesús!

#54768 - 03/09/05 01:05 PM Re: spain vs colombia
jabch Offline

Capitalino:

What about ETA people the police is looking for. Aren't they Spaniards, considered delinquents, more than 10, and mostly living abroad?

I know that's a different issue, but generally, if you are not from Spain or France you don't understand this movement really well and just consider these guys plain Spanish criminals.

#54769 - 03/09/05 01:08 PM Re: spain vs colombia
Capitalino Offline

well, now I will tell you that I am referring to criminals...not political struggles...I despise the ETA and their beliefs...but it is politics...not criminals exported from other countries to rob ordinary citizens.

#54770 - 03/09/05 01:20 PM Re: spain vs colombia
jabch Offline

Quote:
...not political struggles...
C'mon! That's a nice way to put it. In fact you can argue that exporting criminals to other countries that get involved in smuggling of arms and killing regular people is worst than what you say Colombians do.

Ok. I think we should stop this subject soon, because this is not going to help Don Dela Vega get laid either in Spain or Colombia...sorry miche...just kidding! wink

#54771 - 03/09/05 01:26 PM Re: spain vs colombia
Capitalino Offline

The ETA members do not kill people in other countries...they kill people in Spain for political reasons. Let us not mix terrorism with common delinquency. It is not the same...and yes, I always put things in a nice way...that's part of being a native of Madrid.

#54772 - 03/09/05 01:29 PM Re: spain vs colombia
jabch Offline

You didn't sound that nice when talking about Colombian women in Madrid. But I assume that since you are also very honest that was the only way to say it.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1586 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments