Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#54682 - 08/31/04 12:19 PM Re: Questions about Bull Fighting
Zuzie Offline

I'm Spanish and I would try to answer you

1. Have you ever been to a bull fight?
No
2. How old were you when you went to a bull fight?
I remember when I was five years old I was in my granmother's village and children when to bullfights in the local parties but my mother though I was too young to go, till today almost 20 years later. What I men, there are places in wich bullfights are so popular that children (4/5 years old) use to go.

3. What is your opinion of bull fights?
I think their a tradition inSpain and no one have the richt to come to Spain and say to us what we must do. In my opinion, the bullfights are unfair. It's supossed that it's the human power against bull power but they make (horribly) the bull blee to make him weaker. Bullfighter have not that "luck".
I don't like it, I think it's most fair San Fermines in Pamplona. People just run with bulls and they can not even touch the animals if they do, they can punished.

4. How common are bull fights?
Quite common. In most of the village local parties and most of all durins spring-summer tines in cities as madrid or sevilla there are quite common because there are local parties there but bullfight can last a moth (they star with the parties but last more).

5. Are modern bullfights different in anyway from the historical bull fights?
No idea

6. Do you believe a bull fight can be interpreted as being artistic?
No. What's the creative part of a bullfight?

7. Do you believe that someone who has not grown up with bull fighting can truly appreciate a bull fight like someone from a culture that embraces bull fighting?
Why not? if as in my case it's possible the oppsosite: I've grown up with bullfighting and i don's appreciate it.

8. How common is it for a bull to be pardoned?
I don't know too much about it but I think it's not common. Maybe a 1% of the times?

9. I have read of people in Spain wanting to ban bull fights. What are your thoughts on this?
As I told you it's a tradition and I think nobody can ban but I would like it to change its rules not to hurt the bull. Just move on the bullring but not to wound the bull nor kill him.

10. How common are bull fight protests?
Not too common.

11. Do you think banning bull fights would influence Spanish culture?
Yes

12. Do you believe witnessing a violent movie is as bad as viewing a bull fight?
As violent. But mad people kill in real life other people because they have seen a violent movie. I wish they wuold see a bullfight and they would want to kill a bull.

#54683 - 08/31/04 12:38 PM Re: Questions about Bull Fighting
Anonymous
Unregistered

1 Yes
2 When I actually went, around 30, but I saw them through TV since a child, maybe 6, maybe 8, maybe 10. TV was on and anybody could see it.

3 A torture. A slaughter. An ignominious savage tradition preserved up to date. Not very different from battering donkeys or hanging on a goose thats hold on a rope or thowing a goat from a bell tower, whic are considered savage by most but still happen in Spai.

4 In Madrid, Sevilla and a few others they are common. In the rest, only a week a year in local feasts.

5 I believe they are, there used to be bullfighting on horse and other specialities now disapeared.

6 No, it's so obvious... where's the art? moving the red cloth?

7 Some foreigners became very fond of it. I think there's hardly anything that's impossible for people.

8 Extremely strange. Maybe one time in ten thousands.

9 Many times there have been talks on that, and of course it could be done, but there is still too many uncultured people who can vote, and of course there are lobbies, since it's a business that moves lots of money.

10 Very scarce, scattered.

11 No, it would be a result of a change (very positive) in spanish culture.

12 Films are films, even kids can tell that Arnold Swarzenegger didn't die in the film, cause they know they saw it in the next. Bullfighting is REAL, real brutality that our kids are being fed with. How about seeing your children cut down in pieces a salamander?

Of course, bulls cannot be pardonned because they'd somehow 'teach' the others in contact, and it would be much more dangerous for bullfighters. They are not stupid and can communnicate, that's how species avoid extinction.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1812 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments