Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#54633 - 03/05/04 02:50 PM Weather & festivals late May, early June?
whyssb Offline

Loc: Tucson, Az
Can anyone give me an idea of the weather in Madrid/BCN the last week of May, and Seville/Malaga the 1st week of June. Do either of these areas tend to get rain during this time?

The only holiday I found in searches for this time is Corpus Christie in Barcelona. Am I missing anything?

Being an Arizona desert rat, we're use to dry overheated summer days and drinking water till you burst. I just need to know what to pack so I don't join overpackers anynomus trying to plan for everything.

#54634 - 03/06/04 05:24 AM Re: Weather & festivals late May, early June?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Madrid is inland. Barcelona and Malaga are coastal. Sevilla is 80km from the coast. What you ask is like asking for Tucson/San Diego (or San Francisco/Reno) weather.

Quote:
Do either of these areas tend to get rain during this time?
No!

Quote:
The only holiday I found in searches for this time is Corpus Christie in Barcelona. Am I missing anything?
Yes! Toledo usually has big Corpus Cristi happenings.

Pentecost Sunday is 30 May. Pentecost Monday is a holiday and it is the climax of Andalucia's Feria del Campo. But you'll be in Madrid/Barcelona at that time ... too bad! frown
Quote:
... we're use to dry overheated summer days and drinking water till you burst.
which you don't want to do in Andalucia (where you can expect daytime high temperatures in the mid-90's). As an alternative, I would recommend the Cruz Campo (beer, that is). rolleyes

#54635 - 03/06/04 04:35 PM Re: Weather & festivals late May, early June?
whyssb Offline

Loc: Tucson, Az
Eddie, Thanks for the info. Hubby said cervezas sounds like the better solution....

#54636 - 03/16/04 05:08 AM Re: Weather & festivals late May, early June?
Miguelito Offline

There's a music festival in Madrid on that weekend, I don't know if you refer to this, lot of people camping and partying, with groups like Pixies, Ben Harper ...I don't like that music very much and it's a bit expensive, you can have a look :
http://www.festimad.es/

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments