Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#5459 - 04/05/03 11:02 AM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
plumepoppy Offline

Loc: canada
Well, bon voyage Carole! I will only make erratic appearances on this board prior to my departure next week. Enjoy, and don't forget to have a glass of Anis de Chinchon. Bye for now! cool

#5460 - 04/06/08 04:20 AM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
Eli99 Offline

Loc: Israel
I'm planning a short stay in Chinchon in May 2008, and miss the "post mortem" reports that were promised by Carole. Is there anybody else who had actually stayed in town and can comment on lodging?

#5461 - 04/17/08 05:44 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
David_H Offline

Loc: UK
I stayed at The Condessa De Chinchon for a couple of nights last July.The hotel was fine,if nothing special.Close to the Plaza Mayor,and opposite the Parador,fairly cheap and with a good parking garage.I found Chinchon very disappointing.The Plaza Mayor was being renovated and the whole placw was a building site.No romantic meals on the balconies overlooking the plaza

#5462 - 04/18/08 05:02 AM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Well I would ay that if you looked "through" the buliding site , Chinchon is really quite nice . I went last summer and I too was disappointed to find the whole of the Plaza Mayor wrapped in Scaffolding so I'm planning a trip back soon . Despite the disappointment I had a walk around and had some wonderful sangria with friends on a warm night in a beautiful courtyard watching all the swallows and swifts darting around .
Does anyone here know if the building work has finished yet or when it's due to be completed ? Maybe i'll wait a while anyway until Madrid's ( much needed ) rain has finished .
just one note , Chinchon is not serviced by a railway so a bus journey or car is the only option . Steve .

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments