Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#54610 - 02/08/04 12:24 PM Cats in Spain?
Lynnseedoil Offline

Loc: St. Louis, MO
Hello, I have lots of questions because my husband and I are moving to Madrid in late May/early June. (yippee!!)

Right now the most important question on my mind is whether I should/can bring my cat. As long as all he needs is shots and a health certificate, it shouldn't be a problem. Are there any regulations about quarantine? I'm also worried about finding lodging. Is it possible to find apartments where you can have a cat? We'll be seeking lodging near Universidad Autonoma de Madrid which is where my husband will be working.

Thanks in advance,
Lynn

#54611 - 02/11/04 02:15 AM Re: Cats in Spain?
roch1974 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
How about pets in general? I have a small dog and am competing for a reporting job in Madrid.
What a mess! Necesito arrancar todo rapidito!!

Ayuden por favor!

#54612 - 02/11/04 04:49 PM Re: Cats in Spain?
nevado Offline

As long as you follow the rules with the shots (more than 30 days before) and the health certificate (no more than 10 days prior), that's all there is to it. My poor kitty has suffered through several flights in the last few years and it's always been a piece of cake (for me at least). Customs don't even notice you have an animal with you. Just remember, you have to go through the same process upon return (hate to have to leave kitty behind)! wink Word of caution: you have to take the cat out every time you go through a security check. It is a pain in the butt and I've had less than friendly handling of mine; put a big sign on him or her that says 'killa' and see what they do! On second thought... smile
I don't think housing will be too much of an issue. Many people have dogs so I think most are accepting of animals.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments