Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#54606 - 01/27/04 02:55 PM Help with Travel itinerary for May
RedRedWine Offline

Loc: Wilmington, NC
Madridman, I wasn't sure what category this really falls under so please feel free to move if I'm in the wrong place.

We are in the meaty part of planning our trip to Spain, trying to decide how much time out of our 12(2 for air travel) day trip we need to spend at each location. We are also running into a problem finding a place to stay the night before our return flight to the US out of Madrid due to the Fiesta de San Isidro. There apparently is a minimum stay for that time and we were only looking for 1 night. So maybe we need to revisit our itinerary.

We arrive in Madrid at 9:45 A.M. on May 6th and our flight back to the US is at 1:40 P.M. on May 16th. The cities we are planning to visit are Madrid, day trip to Toledo from Madrid, Sevilla, Granada, and Marbella. Our plans were as follows:

Madrid – May 6th, 7th, 8th w/day trip to Toledo
Ave to Sevilla May 9th
Sevilla – May 9th and 10th leave early May 11th for Granada
Granada – May 11th leaving late on the 12th for Marbella
Marbella – May 12th, 13th, 14th w/day trip to Ronda and leaving on early on the 14th to drive to Sevilla to catch the AVE back to Madrid.
Madrid – May 15th with flight out on May 16th at 1:40 P.M. (Having problems finding room for 1 night)

For those of you who have experience traveling throughout Spain, can you see a better way to arrange this itinerary? We are definitely open to changes. Would it be better to end our trip with Madrid, going straight to Sevilla upon arrival so that we have enough days to reserve a room during the festival week? Help
confused

#54607 - 01/27/04 10:50 PM Re: Help with Travel itinerary for May
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I like the fact that you are not trying to see everything. You might consider seeing Ronda on your way to Sevilla and spending one night there. It is fun to wander through the white villages between Ronda, Los Arcos, and Sevilla.

#54608 - 01/28/04 03:54 PM Re: Help with Travel itinerary for May
Chus Offline

Loc: Charlotte, N.C., USA
Just to give you a couple ideas…
1- To end up your trip in Madrid
2- To stay in a another town overnight
Option #1 has its pros, as you’ll be able to experience Madrid in one of their mayor holidays. Do expect A LOT of people in the streets, restaurants, bars, etc.
I noticed your return plane leaves in the afternoon, it gives you enough time to make the trip to Madrid if you stay overnight in another town. I was thinking of Guadalajara, it’s a short 40 minute train ride from Madrid and it’s not too close to not have rooms available. There are a couple historic buildings to take a look at if you have some free time.
Hope it helps, whatever you do I’m sure you’ll have a great time!!

Chus

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments