Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#54555 - 12/24/03 04:20 AM Smog in Madrid ?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
If you have a chance today, especially the madrileños, take a look at the Madrid Skyline webcam @ http://www.avendano.org/webcam.html and tell me if that low, thin dark layer hovering over Madrid is actually SMOG. Sure looks like it on this clear day there. rolleyes Here's hoping for 10 CLEAR days while I'm there. It's 2ºC there now which puts it at 36ºF.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#54556 - 12/24/03 04:49 AM Re: Smog in Madrid ?
Miguelito Offline

Yes, it looks like a little bit of pollution in the photo, I'm right now outside the city and the sky is very blue and clear, and it's a very cold day. I've got a very good view of the mountains, they're snowed on the top, but I haven't a view of the city from here, sorry..

#54557 - 12/24/03 05:31 AM Re: Smog in Madrid ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

MM, it could be. However, I bet it's fog. Today or yesterday I read in a newspaper that there ha been some fog in the city.

Smog is pretty scarce in Madrid, because it's on a tableland (plateau?), and wind sweeps smoke easily enough.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments