MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#54039 - 06/15/03 08:43 PM Madrid August
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Greetings!

I know many madrileños leave Madrid during August, even so are there any special events in the hot month of August? I'll be in Madrid during the first week of August, and perhaps the third week and I'm trying to plan my schedule for my Spanish holiday. Any ideas would be welcomed.

I can't wait to board my flight to Barajas, my mind can't concentrate on anything else.

Cheers

#54040 - 06/16/03 12:27 PM Re: Madrid August
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
Ummmmhhhh do you like big parties, I mean thousands of people all around Spain and the world?

Andrés

#54041 - 06/21/03 04:54 PM Re: Madrid August
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Andrés,

I like all kinds of activities. Madrid is really a great place, you are lucky to live in such a wonderful city.

Cheers

#54042 - 06/22/03 05:56 AM Re: Madrid August
Andrés Offline

Ok, if you are a party boy then you may end up in partyland. If my calculations are right (99% sure they are) the most happening and crazy party takes places in Madrid on the 14, 15 and 16 of August (be preparared, I recommend dancing lesons at least some merengue). Madrid celebrates "Virgen de la Paloma", that is, the virgin of Madrid and one may well say that this is Madrid only once in a year huge street party.
There will be things going on from the 7th on but the big thing starts on the 14th. Recommendation: go to Almendro st (the center of the huracan) drink and get lost among the thousands of people form different nationalities you will find there. I am going to send MM three pictures of last year party to see whether he can include them in this thread.

Andrés

#54043 - 06/22/03 09:41 AM Re: Madrid August
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Andrés, please post these photos on one of the free photo servers on the internet and then give us the links to them. Thanks! smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#54044 - 06/25/03 05:42 PM Re: Madrid August
Andrés Offline

Shawn if you give me an email I ll send them to you personally, they are worth taking a look at.

Andrés

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2128 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments