Loc: New Jersey
Now, THAT's what we need to keep our dates straight and promote good will. wink

Who's volunteering to be January? -OhMike

#53999 - 05/16/03 10:33 PM Re: Women of Madrid Calendar
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I VOLUNTEER to invite Miss January out for cañas and tapas. :p

Sounds like a great idea, OhMike. Sexist, but a good idea all the same. RUN WITH IT!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#54000 - 05/17/03 09:04 AM Re: Women of Madrid Calendar
zorro37 Offline

Loc: England
Just two things: Can I buy 10 copies! And can one month be Paz Vega?! rolleyes

#54001 - 05/17/03 09:07 AM Re: Women of Madrid Calendar
zorro37 Offline

Loc: England
On second thoughts - Isn't Paz Sevilliano? Suppoose it will have to be P. Cruz then! confused confused

#54002 - 05/17/03 09:51 AM Re: Women of Madrid Calendar
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
MMan,

"Sexist, but a good idea all the same."

Mmm....wouldn't that sentence be politically incorrect? I guess YOU ARE becoming a Spaniard little by little after all! rolleyes :p

#54003 - 05/17/03 09:55 AM Re: Women of Madrid Calendar
OhMike Offline

Sexist? Who, ME smile ? Hey, if the women wanted to do a "Men of Madrid" calendar, I'm sure the guys wouldn't get their calzoncillos in a bunch.

Honesty between the sexes is the best and healthiest policy. And it's been studied and proved that men are more "visually" oriented when it comes to sexual attraction. That doesn't mean women don't like hunky guys; they do, but some things are more important to them.

Women (speaking in the broadest generalities) are more likely than a man to be drawn to a guy they see as wealthy and powerful (you know, the alpha male thing), or one they perceive as a good provider or a partner in domestic matters (child-rearing, cooking, cleaning). Men are turned on by a small waist, cleavage, and pouty lips. Women want someone who'll help them vacuum.

Is that sexist? I guess depending on your definition. But, hey, MOTHER Nature made up those rules. :p There will always be differences between the sexes. wink Is that a bad thing? -OhMike

#54004 - 05/17/03 10:07 AM Re: Women of Madrid Calendar
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Quote:
Hey, if the women wanted to do a "Men of Madrid" calendar, I'm sure the guys wouldn't get their calzoncillos in a bunch.
THAT'S for darn sure. (hope this doesn't become another long topic about "political correctness") And trust me - when I see a beautiful woman walking down the streets of Spain and I find myself leering, I DON'T suddenly stop, slap my own face, and say outloud, "YOU PIG! GET A GRIP! CAN'T YOU SEE THAT BEAUTIFUL, SHAPELY, ARTFORM OF A WOMAN IS A HUMAN BEING?!! SHE'S THE SAME AS YOU!!!" Ummm.. no. She's NOTHING like me. And THAT'S why I'm rolling my tongue back into my mouth and pushing my eyeballs back into their sockets right now. eek

OhMike, if you're still looking for photographers and/or "interviewers" to prepare this calendar, I'd like to volunteer for that job. I figure it shouldn't take any more than 16 months to complete the job. Well, you know, WE HAVE TO BE CERTAIN that we'll have the MOST beautiful Spanish woman for each month and THAT TAKES TIME and requires A LOT of interviews and LOTS of photos taken! rolleyes :p

(I can just hear all the women here reading this silly thread and rolllllllling their eyes... rolleyes )

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#54005 - 05/17/03 10:31 AM Re: Women of Madrid Calendar
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
"the guys wouldn't get their calzoncillos in a bunch."

Sorry, I don't understand that expression, please somebody explain what it means or translate. confused

#54006 - 05/17/03 11:36 AM Re: Women of Madrid Calendar
OhMike Offline

calzoncillos = undies

#54007 - 05/17/03 01:26 PM Re: Women of Madrid Calendar
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

Pim,
It's an American expression where they have changed the type of underwear. Originally, it was "don't get your drawers in a bunch." At the turn of the century ladies began wearing a type of underwear referred to as drawers, and it means don't get upset if your underwear rides up, know what I mean? laugh wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1563 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments