Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#53965 - 05/14/03 03:04 PM how to meet a good spanish man?
Shona Offline

Loc: England
Hi,
I've just come across this site and think it is great. I've just read a post in which a man asked what was the best way of meeting a spanish woman.
So, I thought I would do the same and ask for any advice about meeting a spanish man.
I am going to be moving to Valencia in September to teach english. I am fluent in spanish which I know will probably help me a lot but I still would like some advice on how spanish men are-such as are they more outgoing than english men or not. Are they more direct and forward?

I did live in a small village called Landete in Castilla-La-Mancha last year but that proved impossible to meet any good lookibng spanish men as it was very small and there were no such men there. Any thoughts on this matter would be apprecaited. Thanx

#53966 - 05/14/03 05:27 PM Re: how to meet a good spanish man?
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

shona

while spanish woman are generally hard to bind a dating relationship with,i would say binding with a spanish guy is often the opposite.its due to the different traditional social expectations and roles of the female and the male sex in spain.men are more charming and expressive with the girls they like because their societies breed them in this matter.the girls are bred the total opposite.the are expected to be more reserved and to respect and seek their virginity at least until their married.other character trait in the TRADITIONAL TYPE of spanish female is privacy and female shyness.this all comes out to betray the fact that spanish guys are just as easy to meet and bind just like most of the rest of the males in the world.
again spanish guys are no more of problem to meet and date than for example the english or american males.
good luck
funny im attempting to meet a spanish woman
while youre attempting to meet a spanish guy
(which is easier)
good luck fmiketheman and shona in the search for spanish love smile

#53967 - 05/15/03 08:52 AM Re: how to meet a good spanish man?
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
“the girls are bred the total opposite, the are expected to be more reserved and to respect and seek their virginity at least until their married.”

Hein? But this is 2003!!! frown , I know you're referring to the “traditional Catholic roles according to gender”, but believe me, none of the parents, of any age, I currently know, expect their daughters to remain virgins until they wed! :o

“men are more charming and expressive with the girls they like because their societies breed them in this matter.”

There we go again….Is anyone aware that the (yearly taken, I think) most recent polls show that the average Spanish man is more (my personal opinion would rather be “just as” rolleyes ) interested in football (soccer) than in sex, I mean, “dating”? eek

Goog luck Shona and fmiketheman! laugh

#53968 - 05/15/03 09:01 AM Re: how to meet a good spanish man?
Espe3 Offline

And Pim, since when were Spanish women shy?!?! I think Mikeman has been spending too much time in the library?! But then again, this from a guy who said we (Spanish women)had narrow hips in another post! Don't I wish! :p

#53969 - 05/15/03 09:29 AM Re: how to meet a good spanish man?
Melinda328 Offline

Loc: Madrid
umm... none of MY Spanish amigas are virgins and only one of them is married! Most of them are VERY outgoing and do things I wouldn't ever dream of doing! They aren't any stereotype that society dictates to them. They act the same way my friends here in the US behave towards sex and dating. Where did you get your information from? Do you really know a large number of Spanish girls who are like that?

Melinda

#53970 - 05/15/03 11:14 AM Re: how to meet a good spanish man?
eduardo Offline

Loc: Madrid
If anyone has the secret on how to meet Spanish women, please let me know. I'm all ears!

While generalizations are never completely accurate, I think Spaniards -- in general -- tend to be fairly conservative in their friendships and love lives. What this means is that they will tend to socialize with their "group" -- the people they grew up with, went on family outings with, live near, attended university with, etc. As a full-fledged adult from the extranjero, it may be difficult to break into this group. On the other hand, Spanish men, like most men regardless of their nationality, are much more willing to consider short term liaisons with a "guapa" regardless of her background and will not be too concerned if you just want to "ligar."

On the subject of Spanish women -- another of my favorite topics -- they definitely have hips. What Mike might have meant is that a lot of the younger women have nice flat stomachs peeking out from their tank tops and low-cut jeans. So flat stomachs and recognizable hips are a good combination in my book.

Also another digression about Spanish women: they tend to have very nice eyebrows.

#53971 - 05/15/03 12:49 PM Re: how to meet a good spanish man?
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

oye guapetonas you all just gave me an infarto(heart attack for melinda) eek wink :p rolleyes

dont worry i went to the hospital went through an operation and im now ok. laugh
but with a delicate heart so ten cuidado conmigo...vale? frown

ok lets see... espe3 said i that i mentioned that spanish woman have narrow hips. check again guapa because i never said that.

pim
i was refering to the traditional/catholic roles and became gaga and ignored that we including me are all in the great 21st century.sorry.

melinda
nothing you have said gave me that heart attack.

everybody
dont worry i never had a heart attack i just half fainted. wink :p

#53972 - 05/15/03 06:44 PM Re: how to meet a good spanish man?
gatawannabe Offline

Loc: Madrid, but from Los Angeles
i have been in Madrid since August of 2002. I know it's less than a year, but I have had NO luck with the Spanish men. I met one, which has not been so bad, and we are "dating" i guess. Well mainly just messing around when we both have the time. PS that was a total euphinism, by the way. Personally, I have a hard time finding men here because I am so tall, not a size 2, and I don't like smokers. So that leaves about 3 men who are taller than 6 feet (or 180 cm), have meat on their bones, enjoy my meat on my bones, and don't smoke. Oh well, some are still nice to look at. Also, I like nice teeth. Maybe now that leaves me with one man, and with my luck he will be gay.

Good luck ladies, I hope your search brings you more luck than mine has.

And, no one I know who is Spanish is a virgin...especially my roomates!

#53973 - 05/15/03 07:28 PM Re: how to meet a good spanish man?
Espe3 Offline

Mike, Mira guapo, ten cuidado, since using the 'guapa' or 'guapo' can be used also in condescending terms and its hard to tell over a written messag if that's the way you mean it or not. Its not something worth arguing about, so if I'm wrong, I take it back and my apologies. However, I did say the narrow hips comment came from a different post- which has since been erased, it was about fashion, someone was talking about clothing sizes, the pants issue came up and I at least THOUGHT it was you who in one of the posts in the thread said that one of the reasons the pants there had smaller sizes, among all the other explainations that were given, was that we had narrow hips.

But again, if I confused you with someone else, pues perdon, mia culpa. Ok?

#53974 - 05/15/03 09:19 PM Re: how to meet a good spanish man?
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Suave Espe3 wink

The term "guapo/a" can be used in that way, but I don't think that fmike is using it in a condescending way. It is hard for a forgeiner to distinguish the "tone" in which words are used.

Excuses if I'm acting as devil's advocate, I wanted just to say that wink

Fernando

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3035 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments