Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#53956 - 05/08/03 09:32 PM about bathrooms...
sneak Offline

this post is going to seem totally weird to some of you- but soem not.
in south america, none of the bathrooms ever had toilet paper. eek you have to carry it with yourself at all times.
is it the same in spain?

#53957 - 05/08/03 11:37 PM Re: about bathrooms...
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
I'm a mom and suggest you think like a mom, too. I always carry a package of tissues. You just never know! A little bottle of hand sanitizer goes a long way, too.!

#53958 - 05/08/03 11:39 PM Re: about bathrooms...
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
I agree with Jana. I've been in places in Spain with not so much as a scrap of newspaper to use...but that has happened in the US too! I always carry some kleenex with me, just in case!

#53959 - 05/09/03 12:15 AM Re: about bathrooms...
Espe3 Offline

jejej! YES! Its a good idea to ALWAYS take one of those pocket kleenex packs with you when you go out!Many places run out of paper and never to replenish the supply as the night goes on, and Ladies, I think we all know that this is one of the problems with restrooms- aside from the ultra long lines for the ladies rooms (but that is a worldwide issue, I just don't understand why we don't get extra bathrooms!)

Sometimes even water is an issue (Some places shut it off from the sinks because people leave it running) so, it wouldn't hurt to take one of those travel anitbacterial bottles with you either! Or at some shops you can get those soap shavings- its like paper, but when when you wet it, it really is soap! Light, compact and keeps you clean! smile

#53960 - 05/09/03 12:21 PM Re: about bathrooms...
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
I agree...there is usually paper, but it's wise to have tissues along in case. I also carry hand sanitizer (the little bottles) and those little hand wipes in packets--or a small packet or two of baby wipes. In fact, baby wipes are one of my travel essentials, for wiping off sticky picnic tables, cleaning utensils after cutting an orange or cheese or bread, cleaning hands, getting stains out of clothes, etc.

#53961 - 05/09/03 01:18 PM Re: about bathrooms...
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
...ditto on the baby wipes. They make antibacterial baby wipes too, as well as Bath and Body Works making antibacterial hand wipes (for "grown-ups")that are scented in a handy small plastic case. I definitely bring those with me.

Additionally, I bring the toilet seat covers (just about any WC in CA will have them)...they are a nice "peace of mind" convenience and don't weigh anything...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2287 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments