Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#53886 - 04/29/03 02:53 PM Re: Spanish Women
eduardo Offline

Loc: Madrid
My two cents worth. An incredibly large number of Spanish women are stunning. It's a combination of the way they dress, the way they carry themselves, and genetics I suppose. It's interesting how the style of dress can vary little between ages 14 and 40. I have seen women in their late 30's wearing the low-cut bell-bottomed jeans with a bare mid-riff, and they don't look silly or desperate like many other women their age would in other settings.

I also have to defend my species, the American male. We aren't so bad compared to Spanish men sometimes. A while back, I noticed that one of my Spanish female colleagues had had her hair styled over the lunch break and I commented on how nice it looked. She beamed and said that her husband would never notice. Now, that's probably a function of their having been married for 30 years rather than the fact that he was/was not Spanish.

Which brings me to a little digression. On Saturday nights, TVE has their variety show which I always channel-surf past if I'm watching TV. But I can't help but notice that an extended part of their show is a series of tired comedy sketches about how married couples communicate with each other depending on how long they've been married (2 weeks, 5 years, 10 years, 30 years, etc.)

#53887 - 05/02/03 10:18 AM Re: Spanish Women
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Quote:
On Saturday nights, TVE has their variety show which I always channel-surf past if I'm watching TV. But I can't help but notice that an extended part of their show is a series of tired comedy sketches about how married couples communicate with each other depending on how long they've been married (2 weeks, 5 years, 10 years, 30 years, etc.)
Ok, so those sketches might be trivial and stereotypical, but I just find them so darned funny! laugh

#53888 - 05/02/03 10:34 AM Re: Spanish Women
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Chica,

The show itself it's sooo tacky, but I admit I too love the old lady that yells : ¡IMBECIL! (and ¡gilipollas! I think :o )

#53889 - 05/02/03 11:03 AM Re: Spanish Women
ELECTRACITY Offline

Loc: CANADA
Ok, ok....Spanish woman are my favorite topic! I must admit that I just cannot get my eyes full enough when I am in Spain (and my wife knows it and hates it). It is the way the spanish woman comport themself, confident, sexy, radiant, they touch you, they are not afraid of being naked (nor scared by nudity, as they would say "es normal, y natural"). They are interesting to talk to and perhaps in a Freudian way....they sound like my mom (she is from spain). They seem to have a goal, a destination that is independant and unique to them. It should be said that they will also let you know when they are not happy ...they do not "beat around the bush"

As an earlyer post said "they are like museum art". Well, it is the kind of art that I would love to take home.

#53890 - 05/02/03 11:38 AM Re: Spanish Women
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hello everybody

electricity

so true,so true
hopefully i might lucky enough to marry a typical beautiful spanish woman.
eek im trying to meet some in casa galicia here in new york city.
but more men go there than woman. rolleyes
ive been going for 6 weeks already.
but nothing yet. :o frown
tell you how it goes. wink

#53891 - 05/02/03 02:53 PM Re: Spanish Women
jlramos Offline

Loc: New York NY EEUU
Hey Mike, where is Casa Galicia? in Astoria?

#53892 - 05/02/03 05:24 PM Re: Spanish Women
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

jlramos

yeah it is its in astoria.
its near the shopping area of astoria,a couple of blocks from steinway st on 31av.you cant miss it,its a traditional looking small building with the spanish and the galican flags.i take the bus but the g,r,n,w trains all take you to this cool place.i live in sunnyside queens(cant tell the exact address)

seems you live in queens too. smile

#53893 - 05/02/03 05:53 PM Re: Spanish Women
zorro37 Offline

Loc: England
While on the subject of Spanish & european women in general I find one thing puzzling. confused
It was great when my French girlfriend & I were together. I could give her plenty of compliments. When shopping she would ask my opinion on clothing even down to underwear.
Here in England (how's things in the states?) if I was to say "Tu es muy guapa hoy" especially in the office I'd fear of a sexual discrimination suit. I find it really sad. Like one of the American women said " you look great" should perk up anyones day
I've gotta move to Spain!!! smile

#53894 - 05/02/03 06:04 PM Re: Spanish Women
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybodys

zorro

hows things in things in the states regarding your statement?
i would say within anglo-america
similar to the sad english case,but not as bad thank god.
BUT within multi-cultural america its more balanced due to diverse cultural habits and the foreigners who zealously follow the "american way"
again its not as bad as england but worse than spain and other latin countries such as france.

#53895 - 05/02/03 07:43 PM Re: Spanish Women
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
about Casa Galicia in Astoria....I am really interested in what exactly they do....I know there used to be dances there, but now , what is it? Is it a cultural center: showing films, having lectures, etc. I went to their webpage and found almost nothing. Very disappointing. Mike, I grew up in Sunnyside. My mom belonged to the Club Auxilair de Damas in Astoria for a very long time. Have you recently moved to Queens?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments