hello everybody

esperanza

nice to here your mom has been an active part of casa galicia.
in reference to your question about what they do at casa galicia.
you can sit down in the main floor sala(living room for those who dont know spanish)and dine on galician dishes,or talk to friends or the simpatico but somewhat serious waiters while eating.they have tapas in the afternoon.they offer a big screen somewhat like a movie theather screen where you can watch tv galicia direct from galicia.you can sit here for hours without nobody telling you to skit.nearby they have a spanish-style bar with a cool and nice teenage bartender(hes my freind)wher you can chat and watch soccer and baseball games(the bartender is very americanized and loves baseball as well)
in regard to dances,yes they still have them.on sundays only though.you can watch the dance groups rehearse too.
they celebrate certain spanish/galician/american holidays a todo dar(all the way)
mothers day(coming soon)
reyes magos
dia de letras galega(coming this month)
fathers day
members day
sundays are also big days because thats when they dance the muneiras and moilineiras.the bands members are all young casa galicia members(just like in galicia the band members are mostly young)

the center wants to sooth the morrina of the ny galican community,and promote the union of the galcian community of ny and the galician traditions and culture(especially the music which is great music)
well there you have it esperanza thats the full description of the center.what a great place huh?

and no i havent moved recently to queens ive been in queens since the 1990(only in sunnyside)glad to know you grew up here.before living here i lived in astoria and wisconsin (which of course is not new york).
saludos or saudos